BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lot of time on your different pictures i can see a special, typical or funny number on the rear licence plate.
Hear in France it's difficult (sometime impossible) to obtain a special licence plate.
We have 4 numbers / 2 letters and 2 numbers for the departement.
It's just sometimes possible to have choice for the 4 numbers.
I have tried to obtain 5400 ZB 67 but impossible and a friend obtain 5555 ZL 67.

What numbers did you obtain or buy for your special licence plate ?

Regards

JCF

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
In California you can pay $35, and get any combination of 7 characters (numbers or letters) including some symbols like a hand, heart, star etc. Granted, the combination you pick b=must be unique, and there's a website where you could check availability.
The standard California plate goes NAAANNNN (N=number, (A=alpha)..

Mine is 1COOLVC..

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I don't - but I saw a Silverstone M5 in the Hillsdale Shopping Center (San Mateo, CA) parking lot yesterday with plate "(love)2DRVM5" (the "love" is a "heart" symbol.)

Anybody on this board?

If I DID have one, it would be MMMMM

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
00 M5

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Slightly OT...the coolest plate in our town IMHO is...

IX XI

Can anyone guess what kind of car it is?

Alps

·
Registered
116 Posts
Marlin -

My plate is close, "M5 PWR" (different state, though). My state wouldn't allow 400HPM5 because of some stupid rule about having a space between the two zeros, and "M POWER", "M PWR", and other variations were already taken.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I saw a 911 with the plate "38D"... and its not what you think... it is Hex for 911...

·
Registered
260 Posts
No...38D Hexadecimal is 908 Decimal.

So, if they really wanted the Hexadecimal equivalent of 911 Decimal, it would have been 38F.

Hmmm... must be a girl drives that Porsche! Let me guess... you saw that plate somewhere in Silicone Valley (Oops! I meant Silicon Valley!)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You are right... it was 38F.. F is huge, no?

Originally posted by Russ:
(let me fix my mistake: actually 38D Hex is 909 decimal, not 908). 911 Dec still equals 38F Hex though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
ALX

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
E39M5

1 - 20 of 157 Posts