BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a friend who has a relative that works in the part department at a local BMW dealership and he said he'd sell them to me for $91/ea, any better prices out there? lso can get me a pair of thrust arm bushings for $57.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
That is a fair price.

This is one source that typically has low prices. Type the P/N in the search box here:

DDM Tuning : BMW OEM

·
Registered
832 Posts
Not meaning to hijack this thread but I'm also after CPS. My outtake/exhaust CPS are throwing up codes. Is it worth changing over the intake CPS at the same time?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just make sure to stay away from any aftermarket cam or crank sensors. I have seen first hand of aftermarket sensors causing more problems than they fix. More & more parts making there way from China.

·
4,385 Posts
Just make sure to stay away from any aftermarket cam or crank sensors. I have seen first hand of aftermarket sensors causing more problems than they fix. More & more parts making there way from China.
Are you referring to brand-x or bosch/OEM etc

Could we even get them from bosch if we wanted?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Febi/bilstein for one & the bosch products are not what they used to be. Bosch these days are only good at buying other companys & putting there name on them. They just aquired RTI which makes various servicing equiptment for the automotive industry.

I dont mean to be negative , i just go by my personal experiences & the experience of other service professionals like myself.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Can you even buy aftermarket CPS? I ordered a couple other parts from the vendor Alex S mentioned. If they work out I will order some new CPS from them. Unless someone else posts a reply with a better price :)

BMW vs. OEM vs. OE vs. brand-x is an interesting discussion and I would say it varies from part to part. Would you use a BMW air filter over a Mann? BMW belt over Continental? Sometimes good enough is good enough. If in doubt go with the genuine part. I can see how you would never take a chance again after being bitten. Bad enough if you hurt your own car but if you are a professional there is liability...

·
Registered
189 Posts
BMW vs. OEM vs. OE vs. brand-x is an interesting discussion and I would say it varies from part to part. Would you use a BMW air filter over a Mann? BMW belt over Continental? Sometimes good enough is good enough. If in doubt go with the genuine part. I can see how you would never take a chance again after being bitten. Bad enough if you hurt your own car but if you are a professional there is liability...
This is somewhat off topic, but I ordered a B-pillar cover for E38 750il on October 7. It was declared NLA in December. Then it showed up on my door step yesterday and check this out: looks like it was black, then has been repainted to beige color. It does look like it came from BMW, i.e. proper stickers and packaging. Production date is in 2003.

As far as other stuff you really have to look around and check the prices. More often than not I find that genuine part is cheaper than aftermarker so at this point it's a no-brainer. Other times like Brendan said.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have no problems with Continental belts or Mann filters. I don't have a problem with most Bosch automotive Parts products for i use the alternators & starters on a regular basis & am still pleased with there quality.

Being an automotive professional i do have be carefull on the quality of parts i use. Remember Doctors bury there mistakes , Auto Technicians Marry There's!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts