BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was playing around with you yesterday on the 405 North before Santa Monica... I was in the Modded Silver Grey m5...

Are you on the boards? :cheers:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Was playing around with you yesterday on the 405 North before Santa Monica... I was in the Modded Silver Grey m5...

Are you on the boards? :cheers:
It wasn't me, but thanks for the heads up on your beast being modded. Will make sure to give you the right of way. Will be keeping an eye out.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Maybe Kenny?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I would really like to run him again. I instigated it, and he followed suit. Then he took off, and I followed behind and had to get off the gas to stop from rear ending him. I think my software really gives me the edge. I let off because a rock hit my windshield pretty hard. Thats the downfall of going balls out behind someone, chips, chips, and more chips. I'm a little late for the clear bra, but hey, atleast the cars fast!

:M5rev::M5launch:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
What kind of mods?

I doubt it was Kenny (keang24). His beast is heavily modded and is
also Silver Grey.
Not me, I'm still down in SD.
///Marshall, how could u call me "heavily modded"grrrrrrr with only 422whp.:crying:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Not me, I'm still down in SD.
///Marshall, how could u call me "heavily modded"grrrrrrr with only 422whp.:crying:
When the RPi Dyno Challenge goes down I think you'll get a better
idea of how strong your car is. One good thing that will come out of
it is that hopefully there will be a lot of cars running on the same day.
You'll get a good idea on how you stack up.

And headers, pulleys, exhaust, scoops, suspension...am I forgetting
something?? I think that classifies you as being heavily modified.
:haha: :cheers: And we need to get your car on a dynojet...I suspect you'll
be around the 460 range. Next time your in town let's head over to
SP Engineering for some runs!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When the RPi Dyno Challenge goes down I think you'll get a better
idea of how strong your car is. One good thing that will come out of
it is that hopefully there will be a lot of cars running on the same day.
You'll get a good idea on how you stack up.

And headers, pulleys, exhaust, scoops, suspension...am I forgetting
something?? I think that classifies you as being heavily modified.
:haha: :cheers: And we need to get your car on a dynojet...I suspect you'll
be around the 460 range. Next time your in town let's head over to
SP Engineering for some runs!

The car I raced was black btw, not sure if I mentioned that.

When is the next dyno meet? I'm down to roll.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mike what mods you got? happen to have HRE wheels?
No HRE Wheels...

Mods are Custom ESS Performance Software, DINAN Exhaust, K and N drop in filters, charcoal filter removal, Transmission software, dinan pedals, window tint, v1 hardwire... Springs too but they are comming off.

Marshall: I'll be there, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
No HRE Wheels...

Mods are Custom ESS Performance Software, DINAN Exhaust, K and N drop in filters, charcoal filter removal, Transmission software, dinan pedals, window tint, v1 hardwire... Springs too but they are comming off.

Marshall: I'll be there, thanks for the info.
Can you provide more info on ESS software and "transmission software"? Any gain and how much?

THanks

Kenny

P.S. sorry to hear what u went through on EDC/spring issue

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you provide more info on ESS software and "transmission software"? Any gain and how much?

THanks

Kenny

P.S. sorry to hear what u went through on EDC/spring issue
I have been working with ESS (esstuning.com) for quite some time. The tech, AJ, is an absolute mastermind. The software changed removed the speed limiter, bumped the redline to 8500, removed dyno limitations, changed the vanos settings, timing, and a few other values as well. His software also incorporates Factory BMW Motorsport software that is unreleased by BMW. The car, is much faster, much more responsive, yet more smooth through it all. The software runs roughly $1500, but I could probably get you hooked up on it. Send me a PM if you are seriously considering it. It was the best decision I made.

As far as the tranny software, this is a secret for the time being. :wroom:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
...As far as the tranny software, this is a secret for the time being. :wroom:
:dunno: stop teasing:dunno: :haha::haha: Seriously, if you don't want tell anyone about tranny sw, PM would be fine too. I'm intersted :eek:h:

BTW, 8500RPM limit is highest so far I've heard (mostly 8400rpm). Have u dyno pre/post ecu upgrade? How do you get re-flash in case dealer erase it? ESS is in Europe right?

PM sent as well.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
:dunno: stop teasing:dunno: :haha::haha: Seriously, if you don't want tell anyone about tranny sw, PM would be fine too. I'm intersted :eek:h:

BTW, 8500RPM limit is highest so far I've heard (mostly 8400rpm). Have u dyno pre/post ecu upgrade? How do you get re-flash in case dealer erase it? ESS is in Europe right?

PM sent as well.
+1. Interested in hearing more.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

PM sent as well.
hehehehe

No pre dynos... ESS is actually in Norway... If the dealer erases it, you can send it back to them for a reflash. I will check my PMS later, I gotta run now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts