BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great article in this weeks Autocar going on about all the wanna be Motorsport cars out there.

The guy writing the article talks about how you can not find an old BMW 3 series (E36) that doeas not pretend its an M3 or how many people buy a car and then buy an M badge of off Fleabay and put it on.

He starts describing a story about a an E39 5 series with all the right M bits but carrying a 518i badge and then realises it IS actually an M5 as there never was a 518i in the E39.

Anyway after slaging the idiots who butcher their cars and give the M badge a bad name, he finishes by saluting this guy and calling it the ultimate stealth BMW.

SO whoever you are come clean!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actually, that may be brilliant. From what I have read, London just imposed a $50 per day congestion tax on vehicles that have a large displacement. I think the cutoff is that everything 3.0 liters are larger, so I bet he is trying to skirt the city's daily congestion tax. Humility pays off...

·
Super Moderator
4,405 Posts

I wanted to do a 520d badge, but then I think I saw a picture of a member who had already done it...the 518i is funny as hell too, but the Diesel I find more hysterical...kinda like the this guy here in Astoria NY, with a 745 w/ a QTR 2 8 badge

·
Registered
41 Posts
I asked this question earlier over on mtorque.co.uk and had no takers so far. I've seen it knocking about round North Acton a few times before and it's always made me smile. Funny how now it's been noticed by a writer for a car magazine (it's in this months Evo also) and used to illustrate a point in an opinion piece....

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
+1 :1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts