BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Who did buy MAF's from Continental Imports?

I got mine today, but I noticed the number is not what it's suppose to be.
Even if I ordered as specified in another thread, I got my MAF's with following number : F 00C 2G2 032

Can somebody bought MAF's from Cont-Imp verify if they have the same Borsch number before I mount mine into my dear beast ?

/Stigh

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
AFX said:
Hey,

Even if I ordered as specified in another thread, I got my MAF's with following number : F 00C 2G2 032

Can somebody bought MAF's from Cont-Imp verify if they have the same Borsch number before I mount mine into my dear beast ?

/Stigh
Here is info from prior posts:

Originally Posted by Anzir

F 00C 2G2 029

Total bill for parts: $308!!!!! That's for 2 units!

Any questions on the part, just call Chuck at Continental Imports at 352-377-6604. He said he'd be more than willing to help anyone out who has questions! If anyone is in the Gainesville area, I would definitely recommend them, albeit they put a good amount of miles on my car with the diagnosis and testing of new parts, but I'm still pleased as punch. They give a good amount of detail as to what is tested, what they are looking at.. 1000% better than any dealership I've been to. And highly competent at that.

Per Anzir's great info, I called Chuck & purchased 2 of these inserts just now.
The actual part # is F 00C 2G2 INS ( INS for "insert" )

He assured me that they are the direct Bosch part # we want.

Vic

Originally Posted by vics
Per Anzir's great info, I called Chuck & purchased 2 of these inserts just now.
The actual part # is F 00C 2G2 INS ( INS for "insert" )

He assured me that they are the direct Bosch part # we want.

Vic
==
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I just checked my invoice and that's the part number that they put on it. I was reading the number straight off the MAFS insert when I first reported it. Glad the info helped!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gsfent; I know, I know....

On my invoice, it says the same.
BUT; the number on the part itself does not state INS or 029 (which is the original three last digits).

Thats why I would like to know if the received MAF's had different number printed on them vs. the invoice.

/Stigh

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
AFX said:
gsfent; I know, I know....

On my invoice, it says the same.
BUT; the number on the part itself does not state INS or 029 (which is the original three last digits).

Thats why I would like to know if the received MAF's had different number printed on them vs. the invoice.

/Stigh
I see. Well, I doubt if the part would say "INS", that would simply be a part number code to indicate "insert" and tell the parts person it is not a whole MAF.
The part number is different. Try getting onto www.realoem.com and see what part numbers com up for the MAF. The discussion indicated it cross referenced to the VW 1.9 turbo diesel MAFs so look at those too. Also, phycially compare to your old ones. If they look identical and have the came connectors, I would probably hook them up. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
377 Posts
AFX said:
Hey,

/Stigh
Can you let us know how the installation was and if there was an improvement in performance? I'm at 50,000 miles so may need to replace soon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
When I read the original part number, it was off the old MAFS that they took out of my car... i'm hesitant about taking the new ones out to see the numbers since they're working so well.. :p

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anzir said:
When I read the original part number, it was off the old MAFS that they took out of my car... i'm hesitant about taking the new ones out to see the numbers since they're working so well.. :p
Haha.... Well; hopefully I get my bimmer back tomorrow; it's at the dealers shop as a result of me sending an email to the norwegian distributor regarding my problems.

They now will check camshaft sensors, vanos, compression, spark plugs, o2 sensors... I have demanded a solution to the problem(s) !

When I get it back; I'll just put them in, close my eyes and listen to the beautiful "roaaar" of the V8 igniting... Then take it for a test spin...

I'll keep you updated :wroom:

·
Registered
369 Posts
AFX said:
Hey,

/Stigh
I got them, made the car go like a banshee again.

It is awesome no more low RPM stumble, nothing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just ordered mine yesterday, though I think the influx of calls from us has prompted them to raise the prices. I was charged $158/sensor bringing the total invoice to $332, not $308. Just info for everyone to know and stay updated with, still MUCH cheaper than new horns from the dealership though!

:cheers:

Sean

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
hmmm Keep your eyes open.

SeanMD said:
I just ordered mine yesterday, though I think the influx of calls from us has prompted them to raise the prices. I was charged $158/sensor bringing the total invoice to $332, not $308.

Sean

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
SeanMD said:
I just ordered mine yesterday, though I think the influx of calls from us has prompted them to raise the prices. I was charged $158/sensor bringing the total invoice to $332, not $308. Just info for everyone to know and stay updated with, still MUCH cheaper than new horns from the dealership though!

Sean
Did the price include a BMW CCA discount? Most dealers give 10%or more. If you have a company with a car sounding name, they will usually give you a trade discount of 15-20%. At $150ish each, it might already be included though.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
AFX said:
Hey,

/Stigh
I'll take one out tonight & read off the part number -
As I mentioned in the prior MAF thread - the difference is outstanding.

Forget cleaning ( I did it correctly 3 times with recomended spray cleaner ) which initially made a marginal improvement, but degraded back to the prior symptoms within days - this is what will do it.....

Will get back later.....

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
vics said:
I'll take one out tonight & read off the part number -
As I mentioned in the prior MAF thread - the difference is outstanding.

Forget cleaning ( I did it correctly 3 times with recomended spray cleaner ) which initially made a marginal improvement, but degraded back to the prior symptoms within days - this is what will do it.....

Will get back later.....
Vic
Have you run the OBC test to see how many L/H you are flowing?
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
369 Posts
SeanMD said:

Sean
Well 332 versus 600.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well; my new MAF's from Continental sure gave me the improvements I hoped for, and much more! Never had so much power since I bought the car...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered a pair Monday, should be here (Utah) Friday. Just paid some lame local BMW mechanic $1K to do some diagnostic work and repairs before finding these threads -- he ended up replacing the fuel pump/filter.

Question: When I start the beast in the mornings now (post fuel pump), I still have some bad hesitation and cutting out until the engine warms up. After it warms up, I can still tell the power's missing, which I'm pretty sure new MAFSs will fix. Is the cold hesitation problem (hopefully) related to this too?

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
negotiator said:
Ordered a pair Monday, should be here (Utah) Friday. Just paid some lame local BMW mechanic $1K to do some diagnostic work and repairs before finding these threads -- he ended up replacing the fuel pump/filter.

Question: When I start the beast in the mornings now (post fuel pump), I still have some bad hesitation and cutting out until the engine warms up. After it warms up, I can still tell the power's missing, which I'm pretty sure new MAFSs will fix. Is the cold hesitation problem (hopefully) related to this too?
Cold hesitation can be many things, including MAFs. Check related thread about checking for MAF flow by using the On Board Computer (OBC). Go to procedure 4 (NR4) and go to test 2. You will see the car measure liters per hour, L/H. At WOT at or near redline you are looking for something around 135.
Good luck. And if it turns out to be MAFs, I would be trying to get my money back from the "professional" who clearly misdiagnosed the problem.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gsfent said:
Cold hesitation can be many things, including MAFs. Check related thread about checking for MAF flow by using the On Board Computer (OBC). Go to procedure 4 (NR4) and go to test 2. You will see the car measure liters per hour, L/H. At WOT at or near redline you are looking for something around 135.
Good luck. And if it turns out to be MAFs, I would be trying to get my money back from the "professional" who clearly misdiagnosed the problem.
Regards,
Jerry
Jerry,

For me that does not have a NAV screen; I have found no way to activate this test. I "only" have the little strip bar with info...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not so sure about completely disputing the guy, as beforehand I had bad cutouts under load, and bad air/fuel mixture codes which have gone away since replacing the fuel pump. I did the L/hr test many times over the past two weeks, before and after cleaning the MAFSs myself. The numbers were in the mid-eighties near sea level two weeks ago (visiting relatives in CA), around the same in Utah. Funny thing is, after replacing the fuel pump, the numbers went down a bit! But again, once the engine runs about a quarter mile, no more hesitation whatsoever, but no pull either.

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
AFX said:
Jerry,

For me that does not have a NAV screen; I have found no way to activate this test. I "only" have the little strip bar with info...
You should still have an OBC. It displays in front of you, below the instruments. Functions can usually be changed by depressing the end of the left stalk (turn signals). I usually have the time setup there. If so, the directions for checking the MAFs should work for you just fine. PM me if you want more help.
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 20 of 27 Posts