BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
AGREED great to see the old girl again......and I dont meen your mom !!!!!
Hiya Steve ! Nice pics.

The old girl is doing great...my Mom to :biggrinbounce: !

The car is simply amazing.....you did a great job of keeping her for me too :cheers: .

I can't imagine what I would have gone through had i bought another car. As Faz so rightfully states they're money pits...but wonderful ones at that. She's consumed a sizable portion of my income to date but its been great all the way !

Good to see that you chime in from time to time here.....I guess once bitten forever smitten ! :haha:

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Nice pics guys

@ Steve Sam , I am a big fan of the Fenders myself, yet more or a Les Paul man though..Although I don't play that well and haven't for years either, I'd still love to have a Tele or Strato to put on the wall :hihi:

@ Erik

v.funny with the clown, I don't think I have ever seen a colored man with clown paint on :D *
You've also got to have the coolest numberplate of the entire board!!

* Although Simonal might be a clown from time to time ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi to you all,

My name is Stefan, i am from Holland! I am sorry about my bad english:)!
Bougt my m5 on april the 1st this year, and it wasn't a joke..

The only problem is, the car is burned out in the inside. So I have to fix the interieor, and the wires.. Also from the engine to.. Already bougt this one new! Also the gearbox is burned, zo have to fix some new rubbers..

Well, i have got 7 weeks vacation now, so i'm gonna start in about a week!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Nice pics guys

@ Steve Sam , I am a big fan of the Fenders myself, yet more or a Les Paul man though..Although I don't play that well and haven't for years either, I'd still love to have a Tele or Strato to put on the wall :hihi:

@ Erik

v.funny with the clown, I don't think I have ever seen a colored man with clown paint on :D *
You've also got to have the coolest numberplate of the entire board!!

* Although Simonal might be a clown from time to time ;)
Its no good on the wall Wout ....ya gotta play it m8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!ha ha

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Hi to you all,

My name is Stefan, i am from Holland! I am sorry about my bad english:)!
Bougt my m5 on april the 1st this year, and it wasn't a joke..

The only problem is, the car is burned out in the inside. So I have to fix the interieor, and the wires.. Also from the engine to.. Already bougt this one new! Also the gearbox is burned, zo have to fix some new rubbers..

Well, i have got 7 weeks vacation now, so i'm gonna start in about a week!

hi

get a different shell, put the engine etc in that.

There's no proper restoring a car that has been burned out without spending enough money to buy the best 3.8 on Mobile.de

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Everybody,

Names Chris, I'm 28 years young, and a bit of a petrolhead. Love driving/tracking my Caterham R300;

Cat.jpg

And cruising with Rusty;

264.JPG

Other than that, bit of 'boarding, love my vinyl (coz digital music IS pants).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi guys, my name is Chris R. from New Jersey. I just picked up my 1991 M5 build date 1/90. I've been an e30 M3 and e36 M3 owner for over 7 years but the e34 M5 has always been one of my favorite cars. When I saw this one with only 74,000 miles and as mint as I've seen I just had to get it. I look forward to learning a lot here.
:cheers:
Chris R

·
Registered
481 Posts
Very nice Chris, thanks for sharing. All black cars look fantastic when they are kept clean and waxed. If I might suggest one small mod: OEM Clear Corners. The purists will object, but I reckon they look perfect on an all-black car with shadowline trim like yours.

Nice work!

John

·
Registered
155 Posts
Very nice Chris, thanks for sharing. All black cars look fantastic when they are kept clean and waxed. If I might suggest one small mod: OEM Clear Corners. The purists will object, but I reckon they look perfect on an all-black car with shadowline trim like yours.

Nice work!

John
Thanks John! indeed clear corner lights are coming. I don't plan to mod this baby much. I plan on getting some M-Technic mirrors and to mix it up a bit a set of M-Parallel wheels. I actually already have a set of M-system wheels on my M3. They are my favorite BMW wheels but on the M3 I run them without the covers:

I also wondered how come my M5 does not have the M-technic bumpers. I spoke to the previous owner and he told me it was like that when he got it. The car shows no history of accidents and is as clean as they come :dunno: I plan to get those installed too but Im just wondering how come someone would take them off......

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Its a beauty Chris...the interior quality and engine cleanliness reminds me of my e34 M5T when I got her..........breathtaking m8 nice one....

·
Registered
481 Posts
I also wondered how come my M5 does not have the M-technic bumpers. I spoke to the previous owner and he told me it was like that when he got it. The car shows no history of accidents and is as clean as they come :dunno: I plan to get those installed too but Im just wondering how come someone would take them off......
Hi Chris,

I didn't notice this before you mentioned it. The front bumper looks to be the correct M5 item from the pics, but you are right, the rear bumper looks to be off a normal E34

John

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi Chris,

I didn't notice this before you mentioned it. The front bumper looks to be the correct M5 item from the pics, but you are right, the rear bumper looks to be off a normal E34

John
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I appreciate that. I'll make sure the interior stays as mint as it is now.

As far as the front bumper goes I thought all M5 have the M-technic bumper that has the lip and as you can see from my pics my bumper does not have it. It's no huge deal, I plan to order them very soon but it just makes me wonder. I brought the car to my friend who has been working on BMWs for the last 20 years and he told me the car is the best example of an e34 M5 he has seen in a very long time. :) that felt good to hear that from him. I guess no M-Technic bumpers was a small price to pay to find one in such great shape.

·
Registered
481 Posts
You're right Chris, that's not the right front bumper either, it was a bit hard to make out the detail because it's so black, but now that i've had a closer look, it's obvious that it's wrong. Sorry, my mistake

Here's the right bumper:

121 - 140 of 401 Posts