BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Welcome! (After all these years). Very nice looking e34.

I remember (pre-history!) being passed by an e34 525 whilst driving my humble e30 320i and being so impressed by the way it picked up speed - that's when the BMW bug really hit.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Long time lurker.....

...with only 10 posts to my credit, so I thought I'd take a few moments to introduce myself. I'm 41 and have been married to my lovely wife, Michelle for nearly 13 yrs. We have a 6 month old daughter who is the apple of my eye.

A little about the car that "made me do it". I purchased my 1993 Alpine White M5 in July 2007. It's a two owner car whose first owner kept until 2006. The only modification to the car was the addition of Dinan chip in 1994. The second owner kept the car for less than a year, though in that time he removed SLS and added Bilstein Sports, H&R Springs, Racing Dynamics strut brace, HID's (which I plan to remove and replace with Euro smiley lights), Eisenmann sport exhaust and replica M Parallel's. I bought the car with 85,000 miles and am doing my best to be a loving caretaker.

She's in great shape....and I don't imagine I'll ever get rid of her. I inherited all the service receipts since new (along with window sticker).....which added up to over $20K. :eek: She's my daily driver (about 20 miles a day) and couldn't ask for more in a performance saloon.

My first automotive love is my 1966 Ford Mustang GT Convertible "K Code". For those of you who don't know, Carroll Shelby's 1965, 66 & 67 Shelby GT350's were based on a Ford Mustang K Code Fastback. "K" designates the fifth character in the VIN, which also confirms its high performance (for the day) 289 V8 with hotter cam, solid lifters, etc pumping out 271HP. Shelby massaged the K Code in the 1965-67 GT350 to deliver an advertised 306HP. I bought my dream "K" in 2001 and along with my father-in-law spent 2002-2005 restoring the car to her former glory.

My wife indulges my hobbies (lucky guy!) and admits to really liking the M5. We travel to London periodically, maybe some time I could meet those of you in and around London.

Cheers! Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
7,649 Posts
Fantastic looking car Kevin .....white is the new black !

Let us know the next time you are in London and I'm sure there would be severals members with whom you could meet !

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi All !

What a wonderful thread...kudos to Another Ray for initialising this :cheers:

Ok.....my name is Erik and I'm an executive with a Wireless Telecoms Infrastructure firm.

I'm very happily married to my wonderful wife of 8 years, Sabina and we have 2 wonderful kids....Otu our son and Ama our daughter.

Being African other family members need to get in on some of the M5 action !

The grey gentleman is my father with his lovely wife who also happens to be my mother....they're both University Professors so being logical can't see the point in the money spent on the M5 to date.....after all how can you buy a car and always be checking the oil....so my dad says !

I'm very lucky to have both of them around and I always state that my success shall be assurred once my kids can view me with the eyes that I view my parents.

Other pic. is of my brother and his wife...a BMW nut too...owns an E46 323i Touring and an E36 328i coupe. As a matter of fact I've convinced almost all immediate family to buy BMW's......my mother-in-law, brothers-in-law, sister....the list goes on.

Whenever there's a family function you'll think BMW's are on sale or there a meet !

My main interests after family are firstly BMW's and the Touring ( of course ! ) and then photography, travel, and audio systems.

Last pic is my daily driver an E60 523i....makes driving the M5 an event to look forward to each weekend.

Wonderful forum we have here, wonderful colorful characters ( Davidoli and Mmm-Five please take note :M5thumbs: ) and of course, we all drive wonderful cars.

Glad to be part of it all !

Erik

P.s. Most pics didn't load...will try later

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi everybody,

I'm very, very new to this board. Gustav fixed my login problem just jet. Thanks for that!

Okay, my name is Ad, I am 27 years old (young) and run a sweet pepper (red & green) nursery with my brother in the Netherlands. And I'm just engaged with my Girlfriend Sandra, we are planning to marry in 2010. We have a French Bulldog called Murphy, he is really cooler than cool, that's why my nickname is Murphmeister hahaha.

Me and my brother got infected with the BMW Motorsport virus when I was 7. My dad bought in 1987 a brand new BMW E30 M3. For a little boy driving with his dad in a M3 was heaven. especialy when he hit the gas (what he often did :haha:) After that, came a 535i with manual gears, M technic suspension and a Hartge exhaustsystem (when I was in bed, I always could hear my dad coming home:M5thumbs:).

Well, we are crazy about M3 and M5's and we are trying to collect some nice ones. In our garages we have a original E30 M3, a E30 M3 EVO II and a E39 M5.

Right now I am seaching for a E34 M5, the 3.8 version. When I find the final evolution of the E34 M5 with the six gears it would be totally awesome but it's really hard to find a nice and original one. So if you guys know one, please let me know!

About 1 year ago we got the opportunity to buy back 'dad's" E30 M3 but we were too late, it was allready sold to the chairman of the Dutch E30 M3 owners club :crying2:. Hope he enjoy's!

That's it. Hope you enjoyed my BMW loving history. Nice to meet you all!! And if you have some tips about buying a E34 M5 or you know a nice one for sale, please let me know.

Ad.

·
Registered
7,649 Posts
Yes , welcome to the forum Ad .....would you consider a Right Hand Drive 3.8 M5 ? There are a number of decent UK RHD cars for sale currently , board member DTW's being one ....Alternatively , you have board member John's LHD Daytona Touring which is reputed to be a decent car .

D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi nebpor and davidoli,

Well, I prefer a LHD. I want to buy a M5 to collect one, and also to drive it.
I drive about 5.000 km a year with my current car, and that's only cruz'in on sunday's and occasionaly to a business meeting if it's a longer trip. For everything else I use my workhorse (VW Caddy).

So a RHD car for me not an option. But thanks for mentioning it.

I've been thinking about a Touring, but I like the backside of the sedan more.

Do you guys have some good tips where to look for wen I go view one?
I mean, what about the car should be checked before buying one?

Maybe this is also a good idea for a new subject or sticky: "what to look for when buying a E34 M5"

cheers!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I hail from London, UK. Great to see so many people from the UK in here and hopefully get the chance to meet up in the near future.

Married with a beautiful son and a gorgeous wife.

Always been addicted to cars ever since I left school. Belong to a car club called Evotechnik in London. Also into photography big time this year, golf and tennis.

My last car was a heavily modded E46 M3. Took her to Nurburgring and what an experience and I have been addicted ever since doing my yearly pilgrimage. Sad to see her go 4 weeks ago and she has served me well.

Living in the same house is my ever naughty British Shorthair cat Casper; tearing away at my toilet rolls and knocking things off every surface at every opportunity.

Putting up with all the happenings is my other sweet and gentle British Shorthair cat Barney, who has no evil bone in his body.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi

Here are the pics. I was to post previously :

1. Here's my gorgeous wife.....when the M5 landed her first statement was " OMG ! I now have a rival !.

2. My nephew and my son.

3. Me and the Mrs.....don't know what that clown back there said to us at the time !

4. My parents......They're both Professors in the University of Ibadan about 130km from where we live ( Lagos ).

5. My whole gang...on a visit to my parents.

6. My kids again, this time just after buying the suspension parts...they were almost as excited as I was !

7. ....and finally my glorious M5 Touring....many thanks to Stevie Sam :applause:.

Well, that's ( almost !) the story of my life !

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks David !

I lost my younger sister to cancer in 2006 and it totally changed my perspective on life.

At the end of the day its all about family and friends......as you very rightfully stated... I'm trying to enjoy every minute/second with them !

I must admit, though, that having my parents live approx. 130km from me is a wonderful reason to take out the Touring !

Cheers

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Great pictures Erik! I take it ( from the third picture from the left on top row ) that one of you is quite keen on MacDonald's.

Take care!

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks Ralph !

That pic. was taken at my nephew's 1st birthday party.

The clown was there to provide some laughs for the kids......I guess he fulfilled his brief and then some :1:

Cheers

Erik

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
My name is Steve Samways. I live in sunny Birmingham, England with my lovely wife and 2 kids Ellie and Jamie. I run my own construction buisness.Oh btw my wife has shoulder length hair now......pics are from 2005 in Jersey and me at Gaydon BMW festival with my M5T that is now owned by Erik ..see above !I'm well into my guitars...I have an 88 white strat , a 79 Honey strat and a Taylor 110 series accoustic all beautiful and never to be sold. I love footy and all other team sports. I now own a Carbon black E39 M5 and a track prepped E36 318is..........Oh happy days ........................

Attachments

101 - 120 of 401 Posts