BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

381 - 399 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm David Linklater. A 31 yr old single father to a 9yr old girl, an electrician, and a producer of electronic dance music, living in Edmonton Alberta.

I actually didn't have a huge interest in cars growing up, but one day after a car accident that destroyed my 2002 dodge Caravan, I was faced with the immediate challenge of finding something new to drive. It turned out to be a '90 525i which has now been passed on to my nephew.
I then purchased a local '91 M5 that came up for sale. The price tag was $9000 and while it did require some essential repairs, it has proven to be a true joy to drive. I'm really looking forward to learning more about my car and I sincerely appreciate, value and enjoy being part of this forum.

G-D bless you guys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
150 Posts
42, Have owned BMWs for the last 10 years. I've always had a project car as well, 50s-60s American cars, and a couple of W108 Mercedes. I bought a 1990 535i/5 last year as basically training wheels to get used to driving a stick in LA traffic, with an eye on getting an E39 M5. But I really took to the E34's simpler nature, and was getting ready to do a full suspension and driveline rebuild on my 535i. Then the opportunity to pick up BK06262 at a nice price came up and ...well, here I am.

The E34 M5 reminds me a lot of another favorite car, the 68-71 Mercedes W109 300SEL 6.3; produced in about the same quantity, with a fantastic engine that is hard to get parts for, and a quirky self leveling suspension that requires a bit more maintenance but is a real treat when it's working correctly. Superior performance in a package that looks nearly identical to grandma's only-drive-it-to-church-on-sunday car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

I'm 66. Very happily retired after a long and varied career. Live in Rochester, NY but try to escape to different parts of the world during the bitter months.

Involuntary (thanks to a 2001 Subaru) withdrawal from my cycling addiction rejuvenated a long-dormant car hobby. I've owned many performance cars, mostly German, but no collectible cars until 5 years ago.

At present I own three vehicles that may be of interest: a 1991 M5, a 1972 2002 hot rod/track car and a 2005 Mercedes Westfalia. The Westfalia obviously isn't a sporty car but it's an interesting rare-in-the-US vehicle built in Germany with a very Teutonic design ethos and ideal for long distance travel and race day spectator duties. Our close-knit Westy Owner's Group bears a lot of similarities to this community.

I love the M5. It's been out of commission for four years but is now running like a champ after great effort and considerable expense. But that's a story for another time.

Bill Howard

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
welcome!

lovely cars you have there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Younger guy here, still in school but looking to step up from my current e36 habit upon completion. I'm not yet an owner but I come from several e36s (318i, 328is) and other older stuff (beetles mostly). Lifelong car enthusiast and I've always wanted an e34/e28 m5, but since the latter is becoming relatively unattainable even for someone willing to get a driver and put in the work, I'm leaning more and more toward an e34. Really just looking to see what it takes to keep a beast on the road and in good condition so I can be a better steward/life partner when the time is right. Only spectating for now. Hope I can learn a bunch from anyone willing to share a little knowledge.

Sam

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 34 yo from Spain, and I recently purchased a sebring grau from 1989. The car has been standing for a long time and needs a good restoration work. My nickname is due to my other car (E30 M3 Evolutionsmotor) and I hope to receive your help and learning a lot from all of you.

</pre>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello All!

I'm Brian Aust, live in Oregon and still working away at the career and collection..

I just recently took delivery of GD63609, a Japan Delivery 3.8 that I'd bought back in April via Bring A Trailer. Very excited to have her across the border!

Avus Blue over Black, 105xxx KM and all original. Getting detailed tonight. The car has extended leather and rear sun shade, no rear console. EDC functional and present. She was in Canada for the last 10 years.

I also have a 6 speed US '95 MSport, one of the 205..and a '93 740i Daily Driver, an '03 M3 Cab bought new, and a '12 X5D trailer puller.

Looking forward to getting to learn and share with you all!

Cheers, Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey,

Name is Paddy from Ireland but living in Vancouver, BC.

I just bought a Diamond schwarz '91 German delivered 3.6. Bought the car from a guy called Paul here in Vancouver. Car is sweet but needs some work to make it perfect.

Plan is for tires, brakes, subframe bushings, etc. I am also going to refinish the headliner, parcel shelf, A,B, and C pillars in microsuede this evening. Then I will recondition the seats and fix the janky door cards.

Tires are going on tomorrow so I may have to go do some burnouts tonight.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Should also have added that I also have the Audi Canada Cyclamen UrS4 from the car launch at the Toronto motor show in 1991. However, it is in the process of being broken....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Matthew, 36

The only thing I'm truly passionate about is cars.

I remodel homes as a hobby and enjoy travelling. I also like to eat and drinks. I'm a big of an audiophile and really dig 90s brit rock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greetings, my name is Phil and I recently won GD64079 on BaT, although she's still in transport so I'm anxiously awaiting the first drive. I work in the solar industry for my livelihood and my passion, but when I'm not at work I'm either working on my house or wrenching on cars. I've been a long time E28 guy, although I also have a tii that I restored from ground up, but this will be my first E34. Owning an S38 engine has been a personal life goal, so I can't wait to get driving!