BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

341 - 360 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys I'm phill just bought my first m5 e34 it's a 1990 g reg in black love it and spending some time painting a few bits this week gonna make it mint and maybe show the car in summer ,I'm new on here so hi every one .:santasmile2:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Welcome Phil.

Glad you've got a body-shop, with our cars rust is a real issue (mine in particular unfortunately).

Have you checked the inner sills and both foot-wells? these are weak spots / design weak spots for the brown rot.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Welcome also to Carlos Hugo, - great collection of cars you've got there!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hi guys I'm phill just bought my first m5 e34 it's a 1990 g reg in black love it and spending some time painting a few bits this week gonna make it mint and maybe show the car in summer ,I'm new on here so hi every one .:santasmile2:
Welcome to the board! I've just finished having my 3.8 completely restored (will post pics later) and the rust issue is more extensive than many might think. But these cars are worth it!

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hello all, new to the forum and passions include my M540i_Sport, (supercharged), a couple of 911's, my Suburban and a few Harleys. Will post pics in a few days, (or when the weather breaks and it gets above freezing for a change)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Welcome!

Sounds like a great collection, 1day I might get round to owning a 911 😉😉

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hello, I'm Glyn, 54 years old, old school physio and serial modifier of Bm's and occasionally motorbikes. Three sons, all BM owners, one quite happy with standard, two with some interesting ideas regarding modding.
Martial arts enthusiast since I was 12, still practising now.
Whitewater kayaker which has taken me and the boys all round Europe in a variety of Beemers, starting with an E23, then an E32 (upgraded to an M7).
Currently doing a full rebuild on my home built M5T.
Driveway contains my 1996 3.6 M5T, youngest son's E28 M535i and his E36 328 touring. Middle son's E36 318is touring, oldests E36 323i saloon and my wife's Subaru Legacy outback.
Garage contains 14 kayaks, 8 bikes and one tiny corner which is devoted to my tools and bits of cars. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey! I'm Rolf :)
I'm 25, from Norway and I currently work on a E32 750i where I've replaced the lazy automatic twelve with a S38B36 + manual transmission from a wrecked E34 M5. The project is in progress, but I'm replacing the rest of the drivetrain with M5 parts as soon as the engine is running good. I'm also fitting the 2+2 interior from the M5, and various other bits and pieces to make myself the ultimate "M7".
Since my E32 is becoming veery similar to a E34 M5 (except mainly bodywork), I feel like I have a better chance of "fitting in" here regarding technical stuff, than on the regular E32 forums. I know it's not a very common engine swap, and that's some of the reason I wanted to do it.

I've also owned other E34s (diesels), and I own and have owned several other BMWs. Right now I have: E12 525 (M106 from 745i waiting to go in, as soon as the E32 is finished), E21 320/6 (My first car, waiting for better days), E28 528i (My first real daily driver. Saving money for restoration), E30 320i (ex-daily driver. Rusted to bits and will be parted out), E32 "M7", E34 M5 (donor), E53 X5 3.0d (daily driver).

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Sounds an interesting project. Will the 3.6 be a bit short on torque?. Planning to chip it? I appreciate the South African M7's had even less torque from their M88 motors but I'm sure you'd want to improve on it if you could.

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Sounds an interesting project. Will the 3.6 be a bit short on torque?. Planning to chip it? I appreciate the South African M7's had even less torque from their M88 motors but I'm sure you'd want to improve on it if you could.

ralph (vadas1)
Thanks!
The 3.6 won't deliver M5 performance in the E32, but I think it will work just fine. The engine is a lot revvier and will deliver a faster 0-100km/h time than the standard 750i. The ECU is already chipped, and claimed power is 352ps/395nm. I call bullshit on those numbers, but it sure is sharp and revvy :) When it's finished (hopefully early this summer), I'll do a couple of runs to compare the performance to a standard 3.6 M5. 0-100km/h, 60-120km/h etc. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, i am johan, living and work on jakara city, indonesia, 42 years, currently own bmw e34 m20 '89, ford testar 1985 1600cc ( cyclinder head replaced with mazda 626 '92) , and kia shuma

i have a dream , my dream is owned e34 m5

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
hi, i am johan, living and work on jakara city, indonesia, 42 years, currently own bmw e34 m20 '89, ford testar 1985 1600cc ( cyclinder head replaced with mazda 626 '92) , and kia shuma

i have a dream , my dream is owned e34 m5
Hi Johan,

We have a small informal group of classic ///M owners based at Halim Airport.

Drop by sometime.

Regards

Tony

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/228865-tracking-down-indonesian-m5s.html

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/207598-e34-m5-ga25324-indonesia.html

341 - 360 of 399 Posts
About this Discussion
398 Replies
178 Participants
Thumper600
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing