BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're always talking about our M5's but wouldn't it be nice to get to know each other a bit better...

Since this board hasn't got an "introduce myself" topic i feel we hardly know anything about each other...

So...to start off...what's your other big hobby or passion besides your M5?

My biggest hobby is travelling (backpacking)...covered most Asian countries so far...South America is next...

Tell us about and show us your kids, motorbikes, model cars, girlfriends, home cinema systems, game consoles, stamp collections or kite surfing pics !

Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
My name is Wout , 26 yo

Just found out that for most of the week these days, I spend more time behind the wheel of a BMW than anywhere else including my bed. Thats satisfying :D

Honestly, great idea for a thread, although I know a lot of the boardmembers better than it may appear..Shame some of the old core doesn't post that much anymore

·
Registered
595 Posts
My name is Greg 47 yo. Here's a picture from my place of work:

·
Registered
207 Posts
My name is Scott. Im 22 years of age. Besides cars, I like to fish, golf, play hockey, work out, make movies, and generally be goofy.

Heres the ole' mug:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Excellent idea Ray. My name is Ralph, I am probably the most senior member at 57 and I work, for my sins, as a medical doctor in Poole, Dorset. I am also medical advisor to the Royal Yachting Association's Powerboat division which means I am often found in an open boat in the pouring rain with a four foot swell watching the not sound of mind pass by attempting to do the ton in a powerboat (when they have an oops I have to try and reassemble them). The picture is me in my "other car" at my "place at the beach" LOL, Don't I wish!

My two sons are keen drivers and hope to join the M class some day. The eldest is Mike, pictured with my M5. The youngest is Steve, whom some of you have met at the Ring, and he is in my "other car".

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Hello, my name is Tony and I am an alcoholic - :eek: sorry, wrong forum....

Hello, my name is Tony Carter-Inman and I am an international man of misery :haha2:

I'm 37, 18 stone of prime, expenses-funded lard. I'm not posting a photo as the screen isn't big enough, but my mugshots are all over the place anyway.

I work as a freelance graphic designer for lots of big UK companies (e.g. in the last 12 months I have worked for Asda, Tesco, Morgan Stanley, HSBC, Barclays, LloydsTSB, Aldar, Merrill Lynch & United Utilities), mainly where consultants have been brought in to redesign some part of the business (and I don't mean sacking people either!).

I live in Liverpool, but move all over the world with the job (e.g. my last two pieces of work were in Moscow and Abu Dhabi).

My main 'hobby' at the moment is motorsport marshalling (everything from hillclimbs to sprints to BTTC & BritCar 24hr), which I partake in at Oulton Park, Anglesey, Loton Park, Donington & Silverstone. Would do more tracks, but most weekends are already fully booked with the few 'local' tracks.

I upgraded from a modifed VW Corrado VR6 (SLC for our USofA/Canada members), and had a 3.8 6-speed before I busted it, and now have a 3.6 5-speed which I'm trying not to bust.

http://web.newsguy.com/scouse

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
My name is Richard, aka Tricky or on here Legacy260. 39 years old, live just behind Marble Arch in London yet secretely long to live by the sea in the Bahamas. Am involved in the sports industry as a sponsorship agent working mainly within F1, BTCC, F3, GT and rugby union. Passions include travel, film, comedy, tennis, mountain biking, chasing fast girls and scuba diving.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
John, I am a facilities manager in health care. 50 years old with 2 sets of kids from the same wife. I ride a Bianchi about 3000 miles a year and enjoy coaching youth sports. I was weaned on gasoline and have always had American muscle until some one gave me the M. Now I couldn't go back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hej!
My name is Alexander Lantz, I'm 22 years young and Swedish. I recently completed my law degree at UEA ( University of East Anglia ) in Norwich and am now lecturing in English Law at the university of Angers in France. In September I'll off to Singapoure for a legal internship. Living somewhere warm will be a nice change.

Hobbies include the M5 of course. I also bought a First generation Chevrolet S-10 with a 4.3l V6 TBI. The engine is f##ked so I am going to put in a 350 Chevy V8 when I have the time.

My other hobby is American Football. I have been playing for 5 years (3 years with the UEA Pirates in BCAFL, 1 year with the Strasbourg Minotaurs in DivII and now with the Angers Yankees in DivII). Currently playing LG (Offensive line) and LE (Defensive End) Here are some pics of the UEA Pirates ( Im number 88 in the middle with the hat)

A pic from a few years ago, putting some punk in his place, the english are no match for us vikings:hihi:

And last but not least my dog, 3 year old parson Jack Russel:hihihi:

Laters,
Lantz

·
Registered
220 Posts
ASBO by name but not always by nature :D

I have an unhealthy passion for German cars and ///M's in particular with a Macau Blue/champagne 3.6 and an Estoril Blue E36 Evo currently occupying the stable.

I'm 25, live and work in Aberdeen as a Contracts Engineer and spend most of my waking hours thinking about or being around cars. Sometimes the ladyfriend gets a look in too ;)

Other hobby's include spending rather too long on the Xbox, and err, cars I guess!

Will punt up some pics of me myself and I when I get the chance.

Simon.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey guys,

JRobbo = John Robinson. I'm 42, and live in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia with my lovely wife Angelina. I'm an IT Architect/Manager and I work for IBM.

Here is a picture of me in Tibet last year:

Errrr, i'm the fat one on the right.... :D

Also love travelling, have been though quite a few Asian countries in the past 4 years. I'm really into detailing, and spend far too much time detailing my car, and those of my friends.

John

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hello guys. My name is David. I am 42yo and am now a public servant of sorts, but have a history of working in the law and as company director of companies ranging from public relations to waste water treatment.

I do not own an M5 but used to. I do own #62 of the 70 1995 BMW 540i Manual Limited Editions (their full and offical title) sold in Australia to fill the hole created by BMW Australia's failure or inability to import the 3.8 version of the M5 into Australia. They are the Australian equivalent of the Canadian M540i and the US 540i M-Sport and have the full 1995 M5 suspension and kit, other than the body kit, t/stars instead of M-Par's and, of course, the engine. I have also owned #19 of the same 70 cars and have come close to buying a few of the others as well.

Not wishing to dredge up the 3.6 M5 -v- the 540i/6 debate again, but I owned #62 prior to purchasing my M5 and when the wife insisted I sold one, the choice was easy and vindicated recently as part of our Australian annual E34 supercar tour at Winton racetrack when #62 delivered the fastest time of the day ahead of a number of 3.6 M5's.

Speaking of the wife, I am happily married to Sarah and have 3 delightful daughters, aged 6, 3 and 1.

In terms of hobbies, my career keeps me very busy so my BMWs (I also have a 1985 Hartge H23) are my main hobby after family and home renovations, although I do enjoy travelling and snow-skiing when I can do either or both.

A pic is attached of me (in the red top) at the briefing of drivers as part of the 2006 Australian E34 supercar tour.

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello enthusiast guys,

I'm Henri, 38 ,live in south of France , very nice place between sea and mountain;My profession:Dentist.
Married ,two adorables children, 6 and 2.

I love nature , music and of course I'm mad of cars,especially big engines ( own a Grand cherokee 5.9) and motorbikes( aprilia RSV 1000, Yamaha WR-Z 250), and addict to my M5 T:cheers:.

I'm very happy yo be with you.

Henri

Attachments

·
2,940 Posts
I am Raymond (36), married with Annie and together we have two children, Wouter (5) and Thomas (3). Like their father, both are crazy about cars, but also trains. I work as a hardware design engineer in Hengelo (Netherlands).

Next to driving and maintaining my E28S and E34S, I love spending time with my family. Other hobbies are skiing, Single ended directly heated Triode amplifiers, hiking, photography and (military) history. As part of my interest in the E34S and E28S I take part in organizing meetings, most important the annual E34S meeting in the Alps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
, I am probably the most senior member at 57 and I work, for my sins, as a medical doctor in Poole, Dorset.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)
The word "probably" saves you, young man!
Here´s someone nearly old enough to be your dad, said with some exaggeration.
Tjeerd K.
Friesland

·
Registered
595 Posts
Guess that makes you a pole dancer Greg ?
Not this pole, too many splinters. Here I am ready to go, 40 years ago:

Here are my grand children:

Here's from my pole dancing days:

·
Registered
155 Posts
...is that the Hoff?? ^^^ Ill never look at you the same Greg:eek7:

I skate, listen to the best underground hip hop you can't find, love my dog and I make ends meet in Life Insurance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi I'm Terry and I live in Toronto Canada and besides hooning around in my ///M, I like to race fast sailboats in a big breeze, scuba-dive and exotic travel with Her Ladyship. I work in IT for cancer treatment and research.

That shot is from Key West Race week in 2006 aboard a Mumm30 in 30knts :biggrinbounce:(my own boat is a J/35-the e34M5 of sailboats:trophy_bronze:). I am second from the front with the vang in hand. And yes, I am gutted to not be there this year.:grrrrr:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 399 Posts