BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if we are getting the white turn signal, or the ugly yellow one. I think the U.S.A are getting yellow but on the canadian website their white.

Anybody know what Canada is getting?

·
Registered
955 Posts
///matteo said:
i was just wondering if we are getting the white turn signal, or the ugly yellow one. I think the U.S.A are getting yellow but on the canadian website their white.

Anybody know what Canada is getting?
historically most of the BMW sold in Canada are in US-spec, if not all.

and since the regualar 5-series in Canada all have amber reflector around front turning signal light. I think it's safe to say we'll have the "ugly yellow one".

·
Registered
283 Posts
There was a thread that was started some time ago, on this same topic for USA. Im unsure what US literature points to say on this.
Official Canadian literature says "white turn signal indicator lenses"...
of course, its subject to change - and we've never had a BMW in Canada with white turn signals that I can remember... So, I guess we'll have to wait a few more weeks to see the first M5 shipments come in North America.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
tifosi said:
I think it's safe to say we'll have the "ugly yellow one".
That pretty much sums it up tifosi.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No, that is not correct. The M5 will have clear lens with an amber bulb. Much like the US spec E46 M3. The meets both the Canadian and US DOT regulations.:)

·
Registered
955 Posts
M5BC said:
No, that is not correct. The M5 will have clear lens with an amber bulb. Much like the US spec E46 M3. The meets both the Canadian and US DOT regulations.:)
do you mind to provide your source?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The US M5 brochure my dealer mailed me lists "Clear turn-signal lenses--front, side and rear" as standard equipment.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
They are "clear" in the sense that they are not tinted or smoked any colors, the entire light housing that is. However, the very tail end of the housing, near the wheel well, there is a small orange reflector. THis one is different from the full clear assemblies that EU gets.

'Rocket

·
Registered
60 Posts
tifosi said:
do you mind to provide your source?
BMWNA is the source and it has been confirmed in marketing material in the last couple of months. If the assumption is that the standard 5 series has orange lenses and covers- that does not mean that the M5 will be the same. In fact, the M-series cars, often look just like the euro-spec version. There may be differences in exhaust, etc, but cosmetically they look the same.

I can see from the posts after mine, that most agree but my source is very good.

Greg

·
Registered
955 Posts
///matteo said:
but i guess will have to wait and see
I've already seen a pre-production North American-Spec M5 built with all the updates from post sept. built M5s.

and the headlight housing looks like any other 5-series sold in North America.
clear housing, with amber reflector towards the end of the housing at the side.

·
Registered
60 Posts
///matteo said:
but on the canadian website it says white turn signal and on the US site it says clear signal
It means the same thing: they simply are not colored. It's the bulb that gives the turn signal its amber color. Just like the E46 M3.

I don't understand why this is such a debatable issue anyway. You can already purchase afermarket lenses that are clear for the standard 5 series.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
M5BC said:
It means the same thing: they simply are not colored. It's the bulb that gives the turn signal its amber color. Just like the E46 M3.

I don't understand why this is such a debatable issue anyway. You can already purchase afermarket lenses that are clear for the standard 5 series.
the difference in the E60 is that you have to replace the entire light assembly, there is no reflector only option, its built in.. and its $2000 for the set, so that little white reflector is quite costly...

·
Registered
714 Posts
M5BC said:

it's debatable because some interprets it as white and some interpret it as clear; and none of you have seen an actual customer's car.

the fact that brochures were printed a few months ago before production with all the goodies, and items PS on and off pictures, plus their disclaimer does not help.

m630 is correct, you can buy it aftermarket for $$$$.
but, if you like the white indicators and they are already there, you dont have to shell out the extra money.

·
Registered
60 Posts
M! said:
it's debatable because some interprets it as white and some interpret it as clear; and none of you have seen an actual customer's car.

the fact that brochures were printed a few months ago before production with all the goodies, and items PS on and off pictures, plus their disclaimer does not help.

m630 is correct, you can buy it aftermarket for $$$$.
but, if you like the white indicators and they are already there, you dont have to shell out the extra money.
Sorry, I may not have been very clear. US and Canada are getting the same car we have all seen so far in brochures, websites and here on this board. We can of course, just wait and see.

·
Registered
283 Posts
M5BC said:
Sorry, I may not have been very clear. US and Canada are getting the same car we have all seen so far in brochures, websites and here on this board. We can of course, just wait and see.
I agree....
As I said in one of the earlier posts, we can only wait and see in the next few weeks what BMW decide to do. With so many different sources saying 'clear', on top of that - everones different definition of what 'clear' means, and all circulating pictures within litreature all being the european model shown, its impossible to say.
Lets just PRAY its clear!!!! I couldnt care what colour the bulb or LED is, so long as there are no amber reflectors on those eyebrows!...

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Looks like we have the amber corners. Canadian car here

1 - 18 of 18 Posts