BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think, white or red brake calipers for a 2008 Alpine White / Silverstone M6? I thought white would be nice since it would match the car but, my friends are telling me, "cheesy". I am getting RPI Scoops in red and red calipers would match them along with the brake lights. Deknight’s M6 looks sick with light blue calipers, same color as his car. Check out his car at http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105072.
I will be getting the same ///M decal. White or Red??? :confused::confused::confused:

Here's a pic of my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I agree...white might may look the car look too "chalky"
I say go with red...can't go wrong with that color for calipers...and yes matches tail lights

Reactions: GotYa!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Red will be more striking!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
In my personal opinion, I would definitely go with the red. I think red would look awesome! I agree that white might look a little chalky and also with all the brake dust that those big breaks put out, the white ones may get really covered with the dust and it would be easier to tell as opposed to the red... Just my opinion, though

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I would say red for more contrast style instead of blend in with ALL white. Red looks more aggressive and match your RPI scoop. You will never go wrong with red RPI scoop especially on M6.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
547 Posts
If your just painting over your stock calipers go with red all the way. I'm planning on doing brembo brake set up and was thinking of doing white caliper with eighter red or black writing.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Go with Red... white will be crazy...when its dirty it will be ugly so you have to work at it hard. I went with red and love it!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of your replies. Majority wins... red it is. Will post pics once it's done. :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts