BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered the clear side markers... They really are a deeper true red... Camera is making them orange... I appreciate the feedback....

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I like them a lot. I was considering the same on my Black M5. The only thing that would finish it off but Im not sure if its possible would be to get clear or red turn signal bulbs so you didnt have the orange against the red. Im sure it looks super mean at night.:goldcup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After I put these in after 5 minutes I had 5 people comment... Really attracts attention....

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
looks fine to me

·
8,376 Posts
FYI, I have experimented heavily on different colors for our Angel Eyes. If you do a search, the info is all posted here for sharing.

I had Red LED on my M5 and you are right, it creates too much attention.

Also, it supposed to be called Angel Eyes.

With red LED bulbs, one commented "demon eyes" so I took that off right away.

The coolest color is blue, but blue is an illegal color to use in all States.

I tried Cyan and Orange and that color is cool too.

I resorted to Amber LED on mine as white blends in with the headlights when all lights are turned on.

Here are some photos for sharing.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great pics... Your red look like mine in pics... Can't get them to show true in the pic... I think I like the blue best... I see you have H&R springs... How much of a drop did you get... I am getting mine installed this week..

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
i like it!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Those white M6s are purrrrrtttyyyyy. I really wish I would have gotten a white one now. I really like the different color lights, anyone ever have a problem with the cops though?

·
8,376 Posts
Thank you!

Those are actually orange LED bulbs.
I didnt get a chance to take a photo of the red LED's when I had them on as I had to remove it right away.
People kept saying Demon Eyes, freaked me out so I removed it right away. LOL.

I have now settled on Amber high powered LED's on my M6.

Dan

Dan...the red in your M5 pic looks awesome....true BEAST :D

·
8,376 Posts
Blue is the coolest color for angel eyes in my opinion.
I just got tired of being hassled by cops so I removed them.

LED's coming out in the market continue to get brighter and brighter so this mod will never end.

Re: H & R Springs, I have a post on here somewhere.
It drops the beast 1 inch front and back.

The ride gets a little firmer but not too firm. Just keep the EDC setting on Normal.

Dan

Great pics... Your red look like mine in pics... Can't get them to show true in the pic... I think I like the blue best... I see you have H&R springs... How much of a drop did you get... I am getting mine installed this week..

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Is it just me or the newer cars blinding you with their head lights?? The angel eyes on the new BMWs are very bright.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Like others said looks nice but cops will ticket you for this, there is a law/ordinance for red/blue lights projecting in front of a car besides emergency vehicles. Long story short I use to have red led's bulbs near my headlights on my mcycle, it was there for a reason so ppl would see me in intersections etc, being on mcycle you have to be very carefull as you know ppl do not see you. One day I came up behind a cop at a 4way stop sign, I knew something was wrong as he did not move quickly when it was his turn to go, when the traffic cleared he moved in the middle of the intersection, and waved me to go by which I did and he turned on his lights. He was pissed as hell when he came to talked to me and asked me to keep those lights on so he could record with his dashcam. So I got a ticket fought it, no luck, there is a ordinance # for this also. Best of luck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts