Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Bmw M6

Votes: 31 81.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well when the lease is up on my M3 (which is in two and a half years) I was considering the M5 or m6.

well it will be my daily driver it would not kill me to lose the back seats.. But it would be nice to have. I read cosmos post on m5/m6 comparison and I don't know what to get. Please help

·
Registered
560 Posts
I thought about m6, but its really hardly faster, I really wanted back seats as well to begin with...

I couldn't justify the extra 20 grand for what? losing functionality of a joke of 2 back seats in the m6 and paying for a carbon fiber roof? Not worth it.. M5 is classy and just as quick... Unless you are dead set on the 6 series styling, I see it as a waste... but don't get me wrong, the 6er is sexy

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't know about "nicer" but it does depend on what you are looking for. The new 5 series styling has not impressed me. That is a shame too because I loved the old 5. In fact I was such a huge fan of the old 5 and its workmanship that I was dead set on owning another BMW. The only car BMW is making right now that stirs me is the 6. That was the most important factor to me. Oh and the wife insisted that my car have back seats so technically I met her request :3:

Which car do you want to own?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I just got rid of my 545i which was an amazing car. I had alot of fun in it but I got rid of it to get an M6 since its not my daily driver. I honestly already want to get another 4 door in the future for a daily driver - probably used with alot of miles - but for a car you won't drive everyday an M6 is awesome.

In your case...you have plenty of time to figure this one out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would have considered the 5-series if it wasn't such a poorly designed/ugly car. No offense to any owners, but it's just not my style. Sure, sometimes it would be nice to have 4 doors... but I have other cars for that. I agree though, that I wouldn't pay another 20 grand for the '6, but at this point there are/were attractive lease rates so the gap isn't quite so large. Definitely depends what you are using it for.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I agree with the above....it is a matter of style and comfort.
To me the style of the M6 is more aggressive and unique...(less M6's out there)
If you have a wife and kids....of course the M5 is more practical.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I say get an M6, i like m5, but i think if you are getting a sports car, then get a real one. Sure M5 performes like a sports car, but it does not look like one. And looks do count.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The M5 makes less sense to me than the M6. If I want a car for the family, I will look for a powerful, spacious and luxurious car such as a 7 series or an MB E or S (I own a MB E500 wagon). If I want a sports/GT car then I would want something like the M6 or, for something even purer, a 911. The M5 does not fit anywhere unless you can only have one car. And somebody who can spend this much money on a car can probably afford two.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Go test them both. It's a substantial investment. If you have a willing dealer, take it for at least a day and run it thru traffic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts