BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Can get an autosolutions SSK and you can custom order the amount of reduction you want.

More reduction will usually make the shifting more difficult and notchier. Less reduction the opposite...

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
UUC is the only one i know of that will custom do it for you...standard is 35 they will do 50 and 65 with any height you want...I would go 50 and 1.5 inches shorter than stock.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Autosolutions will do any custom ratio you want as well. But be forewarned, anything over 40% gets very stiff, especially when the car is cold. My 45% reduction is almost immovable after the car has been outside in the New England winter for a couple hours.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
Jayson said:
UUC is the only one i know of that will custom do it for you...standard is 35 they will do 50 and 65 with any height you want...I would go 50 and 1.5 inches shorter than stock.
Ben @ Rogue did a semi custom for me. It was 30 or 35% reduction in throw, plus the stick shortened one inch. No extra charge. I have no issues, and I think the shifter is what the factory should have done for us in the first place, but I also don't have winter weather to deal with, so I can't vouch for cold weather performance.
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts