BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Drilled looks better, slotted works better!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Slotted for performance.

Drilled/slotted for looks, at least until they crack. Maybe it doesn't happen as often as it did in the past but if you do go this way look for a top brand.

Ask Brembo and StopTech what they think.

dj

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
If you're going for looks, then the only thing that matters is which one you prefer. Me, I prefer cheese graters (holes).

If you want better stopping performance (track?) then your money is better spent on new pads, not rotors.

Michael

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx for the info guys , maybe i will take the drill with slotted because i dont track . i will buy the stoptech rotors . thx

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Do some research. As Beemer Guy said, save your money and get better pads. You will see very little benefit from slotted rotors. I've owned slotted, cross-drilled, and slotted/x-drilled rotors at various times on various cars. I never saw a benefit with any of them and the cross drilled rotors DO crack.

If you have the money, pick up a set of Brembo GT's. If not, get better pads and enjoy the benefits of less dust, better initial bite, and better fade resistance.

And everyone knows slotted looks better.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Drilled holes all the way through can weaken the rotor and make for cracks. "Dimples" - holes not all the way through, can be very functional for heat dissipation, but probably not needed unless you are tracking the car. Slotted with dimples will be my next brake rotors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts