BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I think I saw 3 incidents of this being posted on Facebook yesterday. Crazy hippies living in SF haha jk.

It is pretty messed up though. Those SMART cars aren't very heavy though...my friend and I lifted one up.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
During my senior year in high school a few years back a group of guys turned a girl's smart car around in her parking spot and it was wedged between two other cars lol. There was literally no way she could get out. She ended up having to wait for the other people who owned those neighboring cars to come out and move their cars.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Smarts are terrible, had one try to pass me on a highway the other day. Guy was driving like a douche. Sitting right on my *** and when he finally passed me he then undercut me right there and merged in front of my car. Not sure what his problem was but I didn't even bother..

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I was stationed in Pearl, I got double parked up against one of those 6' long 2' tall portable concrete barriers. My wife called from the hospital telling me something was wrong. When I got to my car and found I'd been blocked in, I was...displeased.

Lesson learned (for the offender): Never double park someone who can drive a forklift. I was nice and did not move his car directly though...I just moved the concrete barrier out of the way and moved my Jeep out. Then I put the barrier back in place.

Then I got a second barrier...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I actually saw this on FB and news too. Sadly I'm not surprised that people have found out a new way to eff things up. Kinda funny if you ask me but it's not my car LOL.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Well it was not me.......but if I was in the neighborhood :hihi:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Sorry, but I could never drive a smart car. Its basic physics. Mass and velocity. They sound like a great idea but can you imagine getting hit by like a Merc 550 at 70mph? Or a truck for that matter? They are just too small and too light for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I like those cars and also the Fiat 500s. Although the pics look funny I don't find what those bastards did very amusing; destruction of property..etc.. Hope they get caught.

Reactions: Fiftytwoeighty

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,396 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sorry, but I could never drive a smart car. Its basic physics. Mass and velocity. They sound like a great idea but can you imagine getting hit by like a Merc 550 at 70mph? Or a truck for that matter? They are just too small and too light for me.
I agree with you and most everything everyone has said here. Maybe ok on city streets with lower speed limits, but on freeways, I personally consider these cars quite dangerous. One just does not expect to see this type of vehicle (i.e. it's small size makes it very difficult to see in heavy, fast-moving traffic), and no matter how many air bags and reinforced steel it has, it will be destroyed in a high speed collision. :eek:

I like those cars and also the Fiat 500s. Although the pics look funny I don't find what those bastards did very amusing; destruction of property..etc.. Hope they get caught.
Agreed. If this were my vehicle, I'd be angry to say the least. Sounds like some high school kids that have nothing better to do. Funny article, but I'm with you in hoping the authorities catch the culprits here and prosecute. :judge:

During my senior year in high school a few years back a group of guys turned a girl's smart car around in her parking spot and it was wedged between two other cars lol. There was literally no way she could get out. She ended up having to wait for the other people who owned those neighboring cars to come out and move their cars.
As a senior prank during the last week of high school, some of my high school track buddies decided to carry my Ford Courier pickup from its parking spot and place it on the sidewalk in front of the school. Good memories! :graduate:

Smarts are terrible, had one try to pass me on a highway the other day. Guy was driving like a douche. Sitting right on my *** and when he finally passed me he then undercut me right there and merged in front of my car. Not sure what his problem was but I didn't even bother..
Yeah, wasn't there a recent article/survey about BMW drivers being the most arrogant, etc.? It seems like the Smart drivers here in Phoenix should take that prize. I've had a similar experience while driving and while riding as a passenger - two separate "Smart" drivers attempting to over-drive their vehicle. Not "Smart" if you ask me. Also, there seems to be a trend here in the Phoenix metro. area in that Smart owners are modding their cars with outlandish exhausts and other interesting items. My younger brother and I saw a black and gray Smart which read "AMG" on the back. Wish I would have been in a position to take a pic of that and some of the other craziness I've seen. I'll make it a point to find some of these modded Smarts and start a thread.

Thanks jcolley for finding the article and sharing your story about double-parking!

Cheers. :cheers:

·
Registered
51 Posts
My mother-in-law has a smart. It is so small and light I can pick up the whole rear of the car myself. My wife wanted a Fiat ABARTH to drive to the office everyday, and I had to put my foot down. I was just too worried about her getting hit in that tiny car. She ended up w/ a 135i. Still a small car but a feel better about it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
No thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts