BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well when my lease is up (little over 2 years) I was set to get the m6. Watching some youtube and saw some vids on the GTR man that car is insane!!! Now I'm thinking which to get the M6 is a great car from what I've read here, but the GTR is also a great car.

Any comments welcome

·
Registered
682 Posts
Depends if you want Power, Elegance and Class or a Japanese race car? No doubt the GTR has superior performace, but it all comes down at the end of the day what you like to have a Nissan or BMW...

Ideal set up would be to have a M5 dailey driver and a GT-R as your weekend race car to get have some fun!

If I can get my hands on one this year on a good lease I will have one parked next to my M5! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
i love my M6 but its hard not to see numbers the GTR puts up. it all comes down to what you really want to drive like it was mention in the previous post

·
Registered
79 Posts
I really want a GTR but nomatter how fast it is i just cant pay 75k on a nissan

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Depends if you want Power, Elegance and Class or a Japanese race car? No doubt the GTR has superior performace, but it all comes down at the end of the day what you like to have a Nissan or BMW...

Ideal set up would be to have a M5 dailey driver and a GT-R as your weekend race car to get have some fun!

If I can get my hands on one this year on a good lease I will have one parked next to my M5! :)
+1:haha:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
If the M10 is really going to cost as much as rumors say, I may have to get one as well. I would never get rid of my M-Cars though and I refuse to pay any sort of markup. I am still not convinced about the #'s being thrown around about this car. Time will tell. The M6 is much classier and more versatile. If I had to chose 1, it would be the M6 hands down!:)

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
You have 2 years. Just wait and see what BMW comes up with.

Save, Save, Save!!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You have 2 years. Just wait and see what BMW comes up with.

Save, Save, Save!!
Thanks for cheering me on to financial irresponsibility;) I know I could purchase the car when it comes out but as of now, I could never justify such a purchase with a family. Perhaps if the Market skyrockets and my positions shine like the sun I might consider it. It just seems rather outrageous. I would have purchased a CGT if I wanted to enter this level of the automobile stratosphere. For the gains you get above and beyond our cars or even the Z07, it really is more about bragging rights and exclusivity. Everyone has a comfort zone!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
If I were looking to buy a new car today it would be between the GT-R and the M3 hardtop convert, IMO the best available toys for my purposes.

Have considered gtting a 911S cab in addition to the M6 but either of the above cars would serve well alone, without another car.

But I will prolly just keep the M6 for another few years and feel like I have it all in one.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I see what u guys are talking about. The other thing about the GTR is it has all wheel drive. The winters here in Chicago are pretty brutal. I like the M6 incredibly alot. But the GTR is more of what I use everyday. I will be waiting to see what BMW comes out with Cosmos and will be waiting for new M6

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Go ahead and pay the premium on the GTRs that dealers are putting up...... Nice fast car but it is a rice burner.

M cars have never been just about the numbers and neither are M buyers.

If numbers are the most important thing, get a ZR1 or even a Z06.

Sadly I don't think an M10 is coming but if it is, I will be trading in my M6

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

Yes, it comes down to Elegance vs. Rice "fun"....if you want a fun fast Jap. car don't waste it on the GTR...get a Mazda Rx7, put $15K mods. into it for 800 hp and have fun!
The M6 is in a totally different and more elite class.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not about the numbers... its what i use the care more. i dont want a car that i have to mods into im not that kinda person. the only mods i would put is like rims and an exhaust and tints nothing more than that. I like the m6 but in 2 years its 2010 and if im gonna be ordering it it will prolly be a 2011 and than 1 year later than next generation m5 will probably be out maybe even m6. this is something im gonna have to think about really well. thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

T Bone said:
Go ahead and pay the premium on the GTRs that dealers are putting up...... Nice fast car but it is a rice burner.

M cars have never been just about the numbers and neither are M buyers.

If numbers are the most important thing, get a ZR1 or even a Z06.

Sadly I don't think an M10 is coming but if it is, I will be trading in my M6
I would def do a vette over a nissan. No doubt the M6 is a greater combination of power and luxury.

·
Registered
385 Posts
No matter how you slice it the GTR is still an 80k NISSAN...

Bad *** car, but people will still say 80k for a NISSAN???!!

For what you are going to spend on the GTR you might as well get a ZR-1, faster and much more respect from others.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

lorinser said:
No matter how you slice it the GTR is still an 80k NISSAN...

Bad *** car, but people will still say 80k for a NISSAN???!!

For what you are going to spend on the GTR you might as well get a ZR-1, faster and much more respect from others.
those zr1's are going to be 100k without the mark up due to demand. M6 is still my choice in that price range.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just read a revew on Autoblog that sais that GTR does 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and 11.5 in quorter. THese numbers are increadible. I dont think any Vete will be able to take this on no waayyyyyyyy

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it won't I read in a magazine Road&track I believe and it was 3.5 0-60 and 11.7 1/4 mile.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts