BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a E24 M6 or M635CSI, my question is which is the more desirable car? I understand the differences cosmetic and engine but I am torn between the two, the M6 has a nicer interior but I like the smaller bumpers on the grey market car. Both are low mileage one is blue and one is white, they are both in collectors condition. Not sure which one is worth more I would appreciate any input to help me decide. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Never driven a US M6 but taking into account the weight difference, peppier engine with a bit more soul and edge to it and more elegant looks, I am biased towards the M635. Probably a bit more driver's car, where as the M6 is probably more comfortable and a long distance cruiser with still ample power yet more creature comfort.

Love mine!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Euro M635csi definitely worth more over here in the US! They are harder to find, have more power and less weight. In my opinion they look better than the '87 M cars, and are comparable to the '88's (it comes down to preference of bumpers at that point).
In equivalent condition, say less than 100,000mi with unripped interior, uncracked dash, no rust, maintenance records, there is a large price difference.
M635CSi: $25,000
US M6: $18,000

Pretty good ball park. The only issue with the M635 is the single row timing chain. Upgrade to the dual row, and do it before the car gets much past 100,000miles.

Personally, I like the Euro bumpers. Owning an S38 is great, but I can only image another 30 hp with 200lbs less... :cheers:

Good luck in your hunt.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Nice! Congrats on your m635csi. I love the classic lines of the e24!

I see you also have great taste in IB e60 m5 with three pedals!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am getting the car sorted systematically by going through every system and driving it on a regular basis and then addressing anything that comes up. The only thing I cant seem to find is a small antifreeze leak I get a few drops avery other time I drive it when it sits overnight. My guess is there is a weephole at the bottom of the water pump which probably needs to be replaced. New exhaust is on the way and then probably new Bilsteins all the way around.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congratulations on acquiring this gorgeous white coupe - looks like a stunning example.

I'm a big fan of the M635CSi and I believe the two best colours are red or white - they really accentuate the lines of this classic, M-powered shark.

Again, well done on your purchase, and enjoy the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts