Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Hamman front lip & Active Autowerke CAI (air dam). Perhaps the best cosmetic combo for the E39. I have the Euro-Dyne air damn that looks very similar to the AA version and its a fraction of the cost.

Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks

The pricing on the Euro-Dyne site is not bad at all. It looks like these are pretty simple mods, too. The Active Autowerkes CAI comes as part of a brake duct kit.

"The Package Includes:
Center grille with 2 CNC'd ram air funnel openings
2 fully functional brake cooling ducts
2 fully functional brake cooling duct housings
2 fully functional duct hose extensions
2 low restriction K&N air filters."

Since you went with the Euro-Dyne, did you add all of the above or just the CAI?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The pricing on the Euro-Dyne site is not bad at all. It looks like these are pretty simple mods, too. The Active Autowerkes CAI comes as part of a brake duct kit.

"The Package Includes:
Center grille with 2 CNC'd ram air funnel openings
2 fully functional brake cooling ducts
2 fully functional brake cooling duct housings
2 fully functional duct hose extensions
2 low restriction K&N air filters."

Since you went with the Euro-Dyne, did you add all of the above or just the CAI?
You can get the brake cooling ducts that fit behind the air dam from BMW (yes, they are a BMW part); I added these along with new BMW front wheel well liners, which have the pre-drilled brake duct ports, when I installed my grille.Total cost was about $325 and it does the same thing the AA kit does. The K&N air filters make no difference in performance; stock intake and filter setup is a good design.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
best/cheapest place to get that lip?
EuroDyne and eBay are the best/cheapest prices. I've purchased from both sources.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
thanks. i've been looking on ebay recently.
I'm sure Eurodyne and other vendors get them from the same source as eBay vendors do. You're on the right track. ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
yea, just don't want a super craptacular fitting one.
i know how some knock off body kit parts are just ill fitting.

I also am not going to pay for the real one haha

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's great....read this thread as a bystander and ended up ordering the Hamann replica front lip!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
That's great....read this thread as a bystander and ended up ordering the Hamann replica front lip!
Nice! For other members' sakes, where did you purchased and did you go with CF or FRP? :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I went with the eBay option, CF. used the "best offer" option for a mere $170 plus ship. Could probably have started lower, but I was not in the right frame of mind.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Or from a fellow board member. :grinyes:

From John's beast to mine!
Looks better on yours than it did on mine!! :goldcup:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The car in post #1 also has the center grille pushed out..... to near the edge of the bumper....compare against cars in post #7 or post #8. I think it looks pretty slick.
Cheers,
E
Right you are. Good eye.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts