BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4

Premium Member
2008 E60 M5 Dinan S2+
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
As an accountant, I resent that statement, lol.
All you number crunchers! hahaha I had a great laugh at your post!

Reactions: TexaZ3

Premium Member
2008 E60 M5 Dinan S2+
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

Premium Member
2008 E60 M5 Dinan S2+
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hehe - thanks for the reply @kimcheebowl .

You are right - my choices are all over the place. Here is my reasoning and how I got there. I do plan to buy new.

The kids are grown and we don't really need a fully functional back seat. Aaaah - a coupe fits the bill. But it must also make decent power and be fun to drive. Yes, yes, a V8 fits the bill and it will sound good too (I had a Tubi exhaust on my E60 M5 - I liked it, sound is important). My son is a master tech for M-Benz, so that will be helpful. That is how I arrived at a C63s. My dealer does not have any open slots to order and other dealers are not prepared to let theirs go. And, the sun is setting on the C63s with a V8, 2021 is the last year. So, I need to broaden the net.
Benz does not have much of a V8 offering in the $100-$130k range - save the E63 (sedan and wagon). There really should be a E63 coupe. I have always liked the wagons - that is how the wagon got on the list. Bigger than we need but performs well and quite unique. Not interested in the E63 sedan and would take the M5 over it, all day..
BMW has more offerings in my price range - M850i on the lower end and M8 a little beyond the high end - and they are coupes, and they have good performance numbers. I have not driven an 8 - will try to do that if this firms up.

I usually keep my cars for many years, don't put many miles on them.
My wife drove a 2001 E39 530i, we bought it new. In 2009 (36k miles on the car) a pickup truck t-boned it when my wife and daughter were in the car. they were fine, the car was totaled. We replaced it with a E60 550i. While we were purchasing the 550i - there was a used 2006 M5 on the showroom floor. that got me thinking. A few months later I picked up my 2008 Interlagos Blue E60 M5 - used with 2 years of warranty left on it. I kept the M5 for about 3 years, put maybe 5k miles on it and sold it for a few $k less than I paid for it. The 550i gave way to a F10 535i in 2013 - which my wife still drives today - 26k miles on it. I also had an X5 when they first came out (1999 or 2000 iirc). At least 1 BMW has been in the garage for the last 20+ years.

My story. A ramble I know. Good luck with your vehicles.
@AmstaffM5

Bottom line - your dilemma...is a GOOD one to have hahahaha. Look at us and our 1st world problems. 馃ぃ

I've not driven any of the new 8 series, but I've read reviews that the M850i is so close to the M8 for so much less...that it makes for a better "deal". Here's on article - My Opinion: The BMW M850i is the Better Buy Than the BMW M8

Eh..eh..yeaaaahh baby! Although that price...YIKES!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts