BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been vacillating over which color calipers to get for my silver/black Z8. Does anyone have pics of silver or black calipers or blue for that fact on a silver Z8 M5. I'm currently running 20" Radenergie wheels. Tanks Jonny

·
10,456 Posts
i'm thinking he's talking big brake kit, rather than painting calipers. Do a search here for big brake kits. Dave Zeckhausen recently posted some pics of red brembos and silver stoptechs. I have red stoptechs on my silver M5, i also have imola red interior and i like the match. I thought hard about silver calipers, but thought it would blend in with the car too much. To me, black just doesn't stand out.
Mike

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Unless you are doing all 4 wheels, I would go for the low visibility.

Red BBK up front just screams puny brakes in back...

There is no one answer of course- it get wrapped up in what the overall look is you are going for.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I am with ard on this one...

I have the black calipers on my Stoptechs...I like the stealth, stock, look...

Mark

·
Registered
12,902 Posts
drallen said:
I am with ard on this one...

I have the black calipers on my Stoptechs...I like the stealth, stock, look...

Mark
I debated this one too. I went with silver to blend with the wheels, but black would have been pretty stealth too.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
sampsue said:
Hey guys, I've been vacillating over which color calipers to get for my silver/black Z8. Does anyone have pics of silver or black calipers or blue for that fact on a silver Z8 M5. I'm currently running 20" Radenergie wheels. Tanks Jonny
Does this help?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sampsue,

I would stop vacillating and try and make a decision! :biggrin:

Pip
Ps I used to be indecisive but now I just do not know.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I'd go with black.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
sampsue said:
Do you have any photos of your car with the 20" wheels installed? That might help.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
IMHO, a black low profile color would suit the beast best. Red screams look at me, and pull me over. But then again that might be what you looking for? :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
If you post a side picture of your car someone should be able to photoshop is each of the colors and the BBK for a comparison.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Guys, Back in town now and appreciate all the advice. Unfortunately I'm no closer at this point. I was hoping someone had a silver car with black or silver BBK pic to post. Thanks again Jonny

1 - 15 of 15 Posts