BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning various BMWs from 1972 to 2000, starting with a '72 2002 tii and ending with an E28 M5, I've recently purchased another M5 which I'll use as my daily driver. In 2000 I purchased a '97 Porsche Boxster, then in 2003 sold it to buy an '01 Boxster S, which I still have. I'll use the Boxster S as a fun summer roadster.

I presently subscribe to Automobile, Car & Driver, Excellence, and Panorama. Is/are there any magazine/s for BMWs equivalent to Excellence for Porsches?

Regards,
Alex

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
yes you have bmw car and bimmer magazine, you also have roundel

·
Registered
962 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
10,456 Posts
there are a couple more out of the UK, total bmw and performance bmw and of course, the magazine that bmw itself puts out quarterly.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Pick up the April 2008 issue of Bimmer as it has the E39 5 series market update. Lots of discussion on the M5 in particular, and an interesting opinion that there is a glut of M5s on the market due to heart-attack inducing repair bills and/or desire for the E60 M5.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Pick up the April 2008 issue of Bimmer as it has the E39 5 series market update. Lots of discussion on the M5 in particular, and an interesting opinion that there is a glut of M5s on the market due to heart-attack inducing repair bills and/or desire for the E60 M5.
I wonder why these guys are saying this. EVO magazine just praised the reliability of the E39 M5. :dunno:

Maybe mama BMW is trying to push the E60 M5 using friendly media. I think the E39 has more positive media coverage lately than the E60 M5...Or maybe I'm just imagining things. ouich

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
BMWCar is decent.

German Sport Auto is excellent, same for Evo. These two are more general for sportscars, but very good. That is about it.

After owning various BMWs from 1972 to 2000, starting with a '72 2002 tii and ending with an E28 M5, I've recently purchased another M5 which I'll use as my daily driver. In 2000 I purchased a '97 Porsche Boxster, then in 2003 sold it to buy an '01 Boxster S, which I still have. I'll use the Boxster S as a fun summer roadster.

I presently subscribe to Automobile, Car & Driver, Excellence, and Panorama. Is/are there any magazine/s for BMWs equivalent to Excellence for Porsches?

Regards,
Alex

1 - 14 of 14 Posts