BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I will have several track events this year and need some tires for my stock 19" M6 wheels.

I'm looking for something like Hoosier or such. any recommended size? any other good brand that makes specific track use tires?

Thanks a lot in advance! Lou. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
sport cups are very good as i have them on my 3 as well. the rears although dont last very long. i had to get my rears replaced at 3500miles, b/c they were already corded. there are several others who have had to replace theirs as well before 4000miles.
if your going to do a lot of tracking, its best to go down to 18's b/c there is more variety of tires to find. then you can do r888's, ra1's, nitto's, or hoosiers

·
Registered
350 Posts
sport cups are very good as i have them on my 3 as well. the rears although dont last very long. i had to get my rears replaced at 3500miles, b/c they were already corded. there are several others who have had to replace theirs as well before 4000miles.
if your going to do a lot of tracking, its best to go down to 18's b/c there is more variety of tires to find. then you can do r888's, ra1's, nitto's, or hoosiers

I dont know about going with 18's, if you try it let me know how it works out. With the 19's you don't have many options. I think the only tire out that will fit the m6 are the pirelli corsa systems. I have them on my car and their pretty good. And they are very expensive.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I dont know about going with 18's, if you try it let me know how it works out. With the 19's you don't have many options. I think the only tire out that will fit the m6 are the pirelli corsa systems. I have them on my car and their pretty good. And they are very expensive.
thats why going with 18's gives you more options.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for your replies! I know I'll have more options in 18", but I found quite a few for 19" too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts