BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been rim shipping and I have come across three designs that I like very much. The three wheels are Donz Hoffa, Donz Messina, and Donz Bonnano. I would like to get one of those wheels in either black or alloy finish. Does anyone else have some suggestions of wheels to check out??

http://www.donzwheelz.com/catalog.php
My question is for some one who is on a limited budget, do you think the Donz Messina and hoffa's are worth the extra cash. The messina's go for 4800 wit tires, while the bonnanos only go for 2300 with tires. What do you guys think??

·
Registered
991 Posts
the messina's look tight, don't limit yourself by not evaulating every possibility. I set up a text document where I list all of the stuff I like, the price where I saw it the cheapest, and maybe a few posts about the items.

Its a good way to keep track of stuff in my opinion. I haven't even put wheels on it yet because I've been taking notes on exhaust and suspension stuff. There's a thread in the m5 group purchase for some sweet wheels you should check out.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If Donz is what your looking for id go with the Hoffa ones

·
Registered
155 Posts
i've never heard of this brand of rim. but after looking at their online catalogue i realised there all named after actual Don's(mobsters)......i guess that's where they get the name from! sorry a bit off topic....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not my kind of wheels but Bonnanos looks ok imho. The others you named will not look good on the Bmw. Again, this is just me...

·
Registered
370 Posts
they are a bit pricey but they are great wheels... Check em out

Hrewheels.com

·
Registered
991 Posts
yeah those HRE's are awesome, I like the iforged ones as well

·
Registered
82 Posts
I read in the "some pointers for newcomers..." thread and the administrators ask that you not waste threads on questions like this. You should follow the rules! We here at M5board consider ourselves to busy for such feeble chat. No one here really cares what you pick, as long as it's not as nice as ours. This is a serious forum with profound topics such as; if a tree falls in the woods and you did not see it fall...Did it make a sound? Ask questions such as; do these wheels make me look gay? Or, if a fellow M5 driver passes by and fails to acknowledge my existence should I turn around, follow him home to pummel him/her with witty rhetoric such as; You insulent dolt how dare you pass me and not salute. I require an apology followed by excessive flatulence. Ask what not my country does for juan, but what does juan do for my country? Furthermore, an acceptible question to ask would be; what is this incoherant psycobabble have to do with wheels? My advise to you is; to start drinking heavily until you pass out. Then drink more. There will be no charge for my advice. However, on your deathbed you will receive total...something, I don't know. Why do you keep asking me these questions? I can't help everyone. Oops gotta go it's medication time.

·
Registered
397 Posts
If Donz is what your looking for id go with the Hoffa ones
I agree, too ghetto. There are ton of wheels out there. Pick something forged. I believe the Donz's are cast and probably weight more than your stocks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I read in the "some pointers for newcomers..." thread and the administrators ask that you not waste threads on questions like this. You should follow the rules! We here at M5board consider ourselves to busy for such feeble chat. No one here really cares what you pick, as long as it's not as nice as ours. This is a serious forum with profound topics such as; if a tree falls in the woods and you did not see it fall...Did it make a sound? Ask questions such as; do these wheels make me look gay? Or, if a fellow M5 driver passes by and fails to acknowledge my existence should I turn around, follow him home to pummel him/her with witty rhetoric such as; You insulent dolt how dare you pass me and not salute. I require an apology followed by excessive flatulence. Ask what not my country does for juan, but what does juan do for my country? Furthermore, an acceptible question to ask would be; what is this incoherant psycobabble have to do with wheels? My advise to you is; to start drinking heavily until you pass out. Then drink more. There will be no charge for my advice. However, on your deathbed you will receive total...something, I don't know. Why do you keep asking me these questions? I can't help everyone. Oops gotta go it's medication time.
Can't stop laughing! "do these wheels make me look gay". OMG! TFF!!! LMAO!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just know that weight of the wheels will affect performance. I've noticed it on several of my own cars(SL 55 AMG & M6 Convertible). It's a balancing act between looks, performance & one's budget. Take your time & always ask for the weight of each wheel, so you can compare them to your stock.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just know that weight of the wheels will affect performance. I've noticed it on several of my own cars(SL 55 AMG & M6 Convertible). It's a balancing act between looks, performance & one's budget. Take your time & always ask for the weight of each wheel, so you can compare them to your stock.
That's right, your stocks weight somewhere around 27 pound. The stock are actually very light compare to most stocks out in the market. Not sure but I believe BBS made them. Only way find something in a similiar weight class is to go 100% forged. Good luck on your wheel shopping. It took me 2 months to decide on mine.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Absolutely correct. See this thread and my post regarding wheel weights:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111511&highlight=stock

Couldn't agree more. I was considering Savini's because they made wheels with carbon fiber overlay, glad I didn't. After OT's and some other members advise I decided on DPE's. Even though the Savini's are 100% forged, they weight roughly 35-40 pound. Way too heavy! DPE's weight in the 25 pound class. Everyone has a diferrent taste and budget but my advise is, invest some time and do some researching. That's the only way your going to get the best bang for your bucks.:blabla:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Buy my wheels.

They are new, in the box, never used. I need to sell because I won't have the M6 after next week.

Modsport full forged 2 piece light weight 6061 Aluminium. They weight like 2.5lbs more than stock in a 20" wheel.

20/9 20/10 you can run the +1 fitment of 255/35/20 and 285/30/20 while keeping stock diamter and not mess with ABS, DSC.

I can ship. They retail for $ 5600, I am taking a loss, but I knew I would. I am willing to take whatever anyone offers.

The center is charcoal and they are all in perfect condition.

PM me for more details.

Last picture is not a smudge, it is bad photo.

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Orbit516,

sounds like a match made in heaven. Take a long look at Cosmos's wheels.:deal:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts