BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered shortshift from UUC motor five days ago, they still not ship out the product, they said international order only ship twice a week via regular postal mail.
But they charge for 'UPS Worldwide' for $57?? really don't understanding...................
i don't think i can get the parts in another 3 weeks though! :grrrrr:

where else do you guys order performance parts for your BMW's ?

:typing:

·
Vendor
619 Posts
nikon said:
ordered shortshift from UUC motor five days ago, they still not ship out the product, they said international order only ship twice a week via regular postal mail.
But they charge for 'UPS Worldwide' for $57?? really don't understanding...................
Cheong, you and I have discussed this via private e-mail and I was under the impression you understood the shipping.

Our system is not yet set up to calculate overseas shipping. Despite your selection of "overnight" or any other options, all shipments to Hong Kong (and most overseas destinations) ship via US Post. The shipping cost shown on your e-mail confirmation, as we discussed, is not accurate and will in fact be lower (which is precisely why we do not use the more-expensive method calculated!).

Also as we discussed, the customs paperwork involved for each overseas order which require a trip to the Post Office means that we complete those orders twice per week, not on a daily basis.

However, in response to the second post above, we are also experiencing a backorder situation due to incredibly high volume. The good news is that all E34 (and others) short shifters should be shipping by the end of this week as we have just completed another production run of those specific parts.

As always, thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob Levinson,

Please make sure I ordered shortshift for E39 M5, not the E34

and I did not receive any statement from you that the $57 S/H is wrong.

Please let me know the correct S/H.

thanks

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
If you are having such a hard time why dont you just go with another company? Autosolutions is supposed to be very good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have been told the order will be shipped on last friday and the friday before last friday. ie. two times.

but I have checked the status today (14th day), the status is unshipped.

Dear UUC, you don't have to reply me here. i just share the experience with other M5's owner.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
nikon said:
Dear UUC, you don't have to reply me here. i just share the experience with other M5's owner.
Cheong,

Actually, I do have to reply here as these posts are not giving the entire story and put us in a bad light.

As we discussed privately, UUC has been in the process of moving. Effectively, we shipped very little all of last week. Friday was our first real shipping day from the new location.

Additionally, we had the backorder situation as was explained to you, and we were doing our best to catch up with manufacturing and get your order out before the move. Unfortunately, we were not able to do that.

Your order (having nothing to do with these public posts) was given top priority.

As a matter of fact, your order was indeed packed and ready to ship Friday of last week. However (again, as we discussed), overseas orders do not ship every day. Scheduling (particularly what time the Post Office closes) did not allow a "special trip" to the PO for your order, even though that was something we were attempting to do. I apologize for our failure to come through on this special handling attempt.

Your order was packed, but was not prematurely billed - which is what your online order status shows. If you are a customer that likes to be billed in advance of shipping, then you are a rarity! As is our standard policy, no customer is every billed unless the order is shipping that day.

We appreciate our customers immensely (after all, they <i>are</i> our business), but simple communication and human understanding of a situation is all we ask. Message board posts that blast a company as these do are the primary reason why many knowledgable aftermarket company representatives want nothing to do with message boards. We are people who are passionate about our business and do our best to please our customers, but real-world situations and unanticipated delays do occur (as in any business!).

This entire situation with your order is an unfortunate chain of events, as I am sure that you, as a reasonable individual, can fully understand.

Regards,
- Rob Levinson
'94 M5 Touring
UUC Motorwerks • http://www.uucmotorwerks.com

·
Registered
463 Posts
When you get the UUC shortshifter, you will love it!!! Makes my car feel like a toy, what a joy!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Zman said:
When you get the UUC shortshifter, you will love it!!! Makes my car feel like a toy, what a joy!!!
I concur. Absolutely.

I had a rare opportunity to run my Beast up through the gears (1-2-3-4) this morning before encountering gridlock, and I said to myself: "****, I love this shifter!!"

Hope you got your international shipping challenge straightened out. FWIW, I've always found Rob to be very responsive and quite accomodating.

-Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Rob

I received the SSK today. hiha

(You never told me you changed your mind to ship via UPS, if you ship on 1st day of my order, I 'd get my order in 3rd day)

·
Vendor
619 Posts
nikon said:
Thanks Rob

I received the SSK today. hiha

(You never told me you changed your mind to ship via UPS, if you ship on 1st day of my order, I 'd get my order in 3rd day)
To avoid further Post Office delays, we chose to ship your particular order via UPS. You will note that you were only charged for USPS, about half of the actual cost.

I hope you enjoy the shifter!

- Rob Levinson
UUC Motorwerks • http://www.uucmotorwerks.com

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dinanbmw does not provide mail order.
anywhere can order DINAN parts? my country does not have a DINAN dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts