BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I need to replace my battery and I was wondering which BMW dealer is best for service and not sticklers on warranty details in the Chicagoland area (my M3 is still on the original warranty till next year). Can anyone help me out with contacts or connections? Today I stopped by Patrick BMW and they told me that they wouldn't cover the battery since it is my problem that the car hasn't been driven much (it's a 2005 and has 18K on it). I didn't feel like arguing so I just left since it isn't a major problem right now. Thanks,

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
No quite sure how to answer your question, but I've had experience with Feilds and Knauz BMW, Northshore. The two have complimentary strengths and weaknesses. Try them both, and you might get what you are looking for. When I don't like what I hear from one, I usually like what I hear from the other.

G/L

Dave

·
Registered
847 Posts
Knauz BMW has great service i think, ps i never like'ed Fields{they do not like you if you car has mods}.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Knauz BMW has great service i think, ps i never like'ed Fields{they do not like you if you car has mods}.
Fields Serviced my Full e39 Dinan S2, Plus additional mods like X-Pipe, SSK, Tranny Mounts hardwired stuff, I never had one problem with them claiming a mod voided my warranty even when they had to replace the vanos system twice. Probably depends on your service advisor I always make it a point to build a relationship with one service advisor.

my $.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts