BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when using a battery maintainer/tender do you guys connect it to the battery or the jumping post in engine bay? Im sure it doesnt matter but want to know what others do. tks

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Yep, under the hood.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is what I use.

MULTI US 3300 - CTEK SWEDEN AB

I guess I just don't know where the positive and negative terminals on the battery are. Do I have to take the black casing off?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
This is what I use.

MULTI US 3300 - CTEK SWEDEN AB

I guess I just don't know where the positive and negative terminals on the battery are. Do I have to take the black casing off?
Yea, take the cover deal off by unscrewing the three nuts and the two positive/negative terminals will be staring right back at you.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Here's my setup...

Reactions: Mike S.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Under the hood! I had the cigarette lighter plug in attachment, but didn't like the window cracked open or shutting the door or window on the cord.

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
I use the Mini battery tender. I hard wired it to the Positive terminal and the shock tower for ground with a threaded nut. These leads can be disconnected and left under the hood.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Optimate.My charger is mounted at rear of garage.I open boot,and attach to battery via one quick release plug.I lock the boot catch with lid up so the car thinks its locked.Never have to worry about the battery again.Just unlock boot on fob,unplug jack lead,close boot and away.Great.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I attached mine in the trunk, directly to battery. I just close the trunk on the wire (not near he latch) and leave it. When it come time to go I unplug it, and put the pigtail under the cover and go...Works great so far. Try not to drive away with it attached...ask me how I know

Joe

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you leave the trunk up but locked,this would remind you to disconnect!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts