BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been searching and cant find a website or a place where I can purchase VAN MANEN headers. The company dose not seem to have a website, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
You WILL NOT be dissapointed ! :)

·
1,934 Posts
I think the current VM site is a placeholder while the proper one is being completed. Certainly there's a beta which is way more useful.

I'd ignore the site and just contact Johannes direct. As has been said, you really won't be disappointed...

YG

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Mine are being done at the moment.

Counting down until I pick thecar back up!

cheers

·
Registered
637 Posts
Are they the same as the evolve ones,any differences?
The VM headers are a 4-1 design. The Evolve are 4-2-1. Typically a 4-1 design will give you more power up high while sacrificing power down low. The 4-2-1 tend to give a more equal power growth throughout the rev range I believe.

·
1,934 Posts
Or you could look at it that the 4-1 design is closer to the ///M character - our cars aren't low down torque monsters, but they really sing when they come on cam. Looking at the early dyno charts of the VM system I'd say that it just gives more, um, M-ness. There's not exactly a sacrifice of low down torque, it's just that the increase is loaded toward the upper end. The Evolve system gives a torque curve that reminds me of a Hemi. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, far from it, just that it's a different thing...

Cheers,

YG

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
YG, are you running a header system on your car? Not wanting to hijack any threads or be seen to bash any product but really - "m" ness and "like a hemi" are very colourful descriptors but probably as meaningful as when people compare the looks of aftermarket rims. If the OP is in the uk they owe it to themselves to drive a car with the Evolve headers.

4-2-1 headers are more C for complex; more U for ultimate and more N for nowacked; Tri y all the way.

·
1,934 Posts
Sorry to come on here,but have to put a few things straight.

<snip>

At the end of the day,tastes are different. Everyone likes different characteristics of engine response and behavior.

This is why the tuning industry tries to supply on so many cars different concepts to suit the needs of the owners.
Raikku, you know you need never apologise for having an opinion on here, and I appreciate that from an engineering perspective you know far more about it than I.

But I honestly believe that the last part of your post is the most important - we all have different tastes and so there is space for different systems to accomodate us all.

I still think that the 4-1 retains more of the real M character though :)

Cheers,

YG

·
Registered
166 Posts
More Vanmannen bashing on a thread that is solely to do with Vanmannen, i really dont think other ie (evolve staff) should be commenting or evolve lovers (wkd) be pushing someone elses product on a thread that has nothing to do with them!!

Just my 2penneth worth and yes i have Vanmannen headers but i dont go on evolve threads banging on about my headers!!

·
1,934 Posts
wkd, I'm about to get VM headers fitted. My choice. I've looked at the options open to me and for me, it's the right way to go.

And for most people I'd suggest that descriptive terms are more useful than engineering ones, though as a technical journalist, pilot and former bike racer I can talk technology as well as most and better than many. But most of us aren't engineers, and ultimately our decision is going to be down to personal taste far more than pure engineering for most people, so what may be technically the best solution isn't necessarily really the best. It's what floats your boat...

I'm too tired to pick a set of descriptors that give the word I want to use. Feel free to work out your own.

YG

·
Registered
166 Posts
Vantaam, i apologise if that sounded a bit strong, from your point of view maybe bashing was a bit of a strong word but you are still a evolve employee commentating on VM thread and stating in a round about way that your headers are better than VM ones (impo).

You havent tested VM headers against evolve ones (yes i know the designs are different), but you have no actually proof that one is better than the other. As for losses in low down torque on the VM headers, i dont appear to have any and i havent had my car remapped yet so hopefully should see a bit more hp and lb ft

As i said previously, VM and his customers dont hijack evolve threads unlike evolve (this thread for instance) and there customers (followers)!!!

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Exactly. If you see similar actions by any vendor or member pelase inform me and I will clean the thread up.

Gustav

More Vanmannen bashing on a thread that is solely to do with Vanmannen, i really dont think other ie (evolve staff) should be commenting or evolve lovers (wkd) be pushing someone elses product on a thread that has nothing to do with them!!

Just my 2penneth worth and yes i have Vanmannen headers but i dont go on evolve threads banging on about my headers!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts