BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Where to buy bluetooth kit for 03 M5?

2K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  dmccrary90025 
#1 ·
I called my dealer and the parts guy said they don't carry one for that model and year.

Thx, Steve

#2 ·
sarends said:
I called my dealer and the parts guy said they don't carry one for that model and year.

Thx, Steve
You need a better dealer then!, there is a factory kit for bluetooth for an 03 M5.
Maybe someone on the board who has an 03 can post a part number, or you could try one of the mail order dealers like pacific or crevier (both in southern california).
Mike

#3 ·
sarends said:

Thx, Steve
What year is your M5? I had my july 02 build retrofitted for bluetooth by the dealer. They confirmed what has been posted on this board that the factory BT upgrade is dependent on your onboard computer version. sorry, i don't know much more than that.
P

#5 ·
Mine is an 03. Thx, Steve

CB2002 said:
What year is your M5? I had my july 02 build retrofitted for bluetooth by the dealer. They confirmed what has been posted on this board that the factory BT upgrade is dependent on your onboard computer version. sorry, i don't know much more than that.
P

#7 ·
SpiderSense said:
ard,
i'm still waiting for my bluetooth kit from Aardvark (connects2usa.com). i got an email saying they were delayed.. noone answers their phone either (i didn't leave messages). i just got a couple of Treo 650s (Cingular) and can't wait to integrate them with the M5.
They're not a big outfit, and their office person Michelle is doing double and triple duty by my guess. She's called me back and been quite helpful in my quest (although I haven't gone with BT since I can't give up TDMA)

XrayMD is a long time member/contributor here and is involved with them. He's been more than willing to chat. Drop him a PM and you should connect.

Not a clue as to what is going on with their BT solution- given that the older BMW BT modules had issues, and now with the 4th/5th generation modules there are still the occasional complaint, you can imagine how tricky the first release for a new vendor can be....

A

#8 ·
#10 ·
Spidersense, etc. Sorry...didn't see this thread until today! Argos Bluetooth system is still in the pipeline. Delay has not been on our end but with our manufacturer. We're still hoping for product mid-to-late June. If you want more info, please PM or email me or check the connects2usa.com website.
:cheers:

#12 ·
El_Mono said:
I bought mine from Circle BMW in NJ. They were much cheaper than even crevier.
Slightly OT, but some moron at Circle refused to sell me the Sirius radio receiver! Even though I asked for it by part number, he insisted I give him the model and year- said since it wasn't listed for the 2003 M5 they will not sell it.

Their choice- saves me having to call NJ! :)

A

#14 ·
2002m5BGM said:
I am using this in an 02 M5.

http://www.bimmernav.com/

It works fine.
What phone are you using it with? I have a Treo 650 that I'd like to use. Also, my 02 has the cellphone option. Since I just bought the car, I haven't had a chance to activate it yet. I'd like to use my existing phone instead of having to activate another line.

#15 ·
Yeah, I also has the same problem.

I asked the guy if I could return the part if I had ordered the wrong one. His response was "No". So I told him what did he care if I ordered one. I informed him I knew exactly what I wanted, and he told me no.

Thats the oddest "customer support" I've ever heard. The lost me as a customer for Sirius, but on the other hand if you need a bluetooth module they can't be beat (at least when I bought mine).

#16 ·
In the 02 M5, I use a Motorola V551 with the bluetooth interface. It works great.

#19 ·
gra8fuldd ed said:
The Bluetooth Parts Kit listed below was installed on my '03 M5:

84-11-0-302-647 = Installation Kit

84-21-6-934-552 = Control Unit

One Hour Labor was charged by the BMW Dealership for the Install.

Of course, You will also need a Cell Phone that is Bluetooth compatible.

:cheers:
Which dealer? Mine (BH) tells me BMW NA says no way Jose for the '03. HOw much did it cost? Thanks!

#20 ·
You might want to check www.bimmernav.com

Lots of info and adapter kits are available for the various E39/M5 phones. He only sells the adapter kit - not the ULF, which you would need to get from a dealer.

You might also look at http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/bluetooth, a good forum for M5 bluetooth upgrades.

I used the bimmernav kit in my '00 M5 - it was literally 1 hour to get it installed.

#23 ·
rymansfla said:
does the bluetooth kit for 03 M5 include voice support for the NAV as well or do you need a separate module?

Ryan
yes

#25 · (Edited)
gra8fuldd ed said:
Beverly Hills BMW ... parts Dept. ... (310) 358-7880 -> Ask for Emery in Parts.
Thanks for your reply. Now that is interesting as the Service Mgr at BH BMW tells me NO WAY (just the other day)..there's no quaranty it will work...and they installed it? Who is your SA? Mine is Richard Smith.

#26 ·
dmccrary90025 said:
Thanks for your reply. Now that is interesting as the Service Mgr at BH BMW tells me NO WAY (just the other day)..there's no quaranty it will work...and they installed it? Who is your SA? Mine is Richard Smith.
this service manager needs to talk to the guys in parts! bmw has had a bt kit for an 03 model for a long time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.