BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, i've had a search but it seems there are a lot of "half finished" threads regarding INPA cables and suitability, but no definitive answers i can find.

I bought into the INPA group buy on here and was very kindly sorted out by the guys regarding USB>OBDII cable and OBD>BMW round pin lead.

I would now like to purchase another lead but rather than harrass the guys straight away i thought i'd ask on here regarding the cables mentioned above.

As said i have the drivers etc etc, but would appreciate a link or such. If not i can contact Barney etc, just thought this way may be a bit quicker

Cheers

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I use the carsoft cable with Keyspan 19HS USB adapter. Works with INPA, DIS/GT1, SSS/progman, and the rest of the EDIABAS suite.

·
1,939 Posts
I gambled on one from e-bay for £15. The only thing is that I'm using a serial cable rather than USB as I have a spare old laptop now dedicated to just this role. I have a USB serial adapter, but it doesn't work, at least not to do this. It runs my Intravee fine, though.

If it has to be USB then Barney is the only source I know. He should have one because I never collected mine off him...

YG

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
USB adapter works fine - you need to buy a GOOD one, the one I posted is KNOWN working. Every time I have used it on different computers and different cables, it has worked.

Dell Lattitudes' serial ports have some intrinsic differences that cause problems.

Reactions: jamiepeers
1 - 4 of 4 Posts