BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys.., have a question for you. I' adapting many of the B36 and B38parts to a custm engine I'm building. Was in RealOEM and saw a idle control check valve and was wondering where this part goes ? See link below.., part #9

RealOEM.com BMW E34 M5 3.8 IDLE REGULATING VALVE

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Goes underneath the ITBs and is a bit of a bugger to get to .

May require removal of the plenum to provide clear access .

You can see it when standing at the front left wing / fender of your car , underneath the throttle bodies , toward the front 2 cylinders .

It will be connected to a rubber hose and also have a grey ( iirc ) electrical plug connected to it .

Are you experiencing idle issues ?

D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry.., didn't give you enough info. I have a B35 engine that has been modified to a 3.7 ltr engine and running an after market engine management system with a GM stepper motor for idle control. With this setup I get surging at low loads and rpms and at times the idle control valve oscillates. One thought is that maybe the vacuum is bouncing at light loads due to the ITBs and causing the surging..., so wondering if this ck valve might offer some help. But I'm not sure where it goes and the function it provides.

I'm also thinking that maybe a bouncing vacuum signal is driving the FPR crazy.., making the pressure go up and down.

Anyway.., just curious what that check valve does and where it is mounted in the idle plumming.

Thanks !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts