BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends!

Basically exactly what it says in the title. Where is everyone buying their M5 mats? BMW has discontinued, ECS are on backorder and FCP Euro only have the generic ones. There are a bunch available on eBay, but I'm worried about quality. Help!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hi Friends!

Basically exactly what it says in the title. Where is everyone buying their M5 mats? BMW has discontinued, ECS are on backorder and FCP Euro only have the generic ones. There are a bunch available on eBay, but I'm worried about quality. Help!
Someone posted about this a few months back. Apparently BMW moved production of some/all mats to a new vendor believed to be in the US. They may be going through quality testing still. I know of someone that placed a large order to help increase the backorder demand. Hopefully they become available again soon.

Reactions: Arson8

·
Registered
01 Dinan S2
69 Posts
Fwiw, I put weathertech mats in all my cars. The fitment is perfect and I love not worrying about how dirty my shoes are when I get in the car. Particularly if it's raining/muddy out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rain, I would love to see some rain here in the Bay Area..... 😢

·
Registered
01 Dinan S2
69 Posts
Rain, I would love to see some rain here in the Bay Area..... 😢
Not to derail this thread, but it used to rain here so much more! I grew up in the Bay Area and am only in my mid-thirties and the change is so dramatic. I remember riding my bike in the hail as a kid at least a couple times a year! Most kids here have probably never seen hail in their lives. Riding in it builds character lol

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5
5 Posts
Hi Friends!

I have the BMW All Weather Rubber floor mats from ECS along with the securing hardware to lock them in place. The fabric mats would never stay in place, and with this setup they don't move at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The OEM M5 carpet mats are now back in production and dealers are getting backordered sets....!
Just ordered a set from ECS....and at a slight discount !

·
Registered
30 Posts
THANK YOU Barrie! Saw the email push with your thread update and just jumped onboard with a B/O set too; 11 August Est Ship Date. I've been waiting and stalking my parts dealer! Hopefully the same quality. By the end of the week, every supplier will be out of stock again when 500 sets are ordered! ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thank god they are available again, what's up with the availability though.
ECSTuning is really changing their availability everyday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had emailed them earlier today to see how many orders, besides mine, were in this first batch. I ordered last week, and I am 36 in the queue... high demand for these! But the est delivery has changed from 11 Aug to 30 July, so thats good.

Reactions: kei2927

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had emailed them earlier today to see how many orders, besides mine, were in this first batch. I ordered last week, and I am 36 in the queue... high demand for these! But the est delivery has changed from 11 Aug to 30 July, so thats good.
Nice. Funny how my orders page shows Aug 11th while the product page shows July 29th(!!!) now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I emailed and asked if I was 36 on the list, would I be in the first batch? They are getting 44 in so imagine that entire shipment is spoken for....but they wont be the only source.

Reactions: kei2927

·
Registered
939 Posts
Got shipping notification from them today. Ordered in January. Happy they’re on the way. Wish they’d sell just the drivers mat. I’d buy like 4 at a time.

Reactions: Bosoxfan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got shipping notification from them today. Ordered in January. Happy they’re on the way. Wish they’d sell just the drivers mat. I’d buy like 4 at a time.
+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts