BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about the red part under the grill? Is it improving performance or not?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
124 Posts
Modbargains and Vorsteiner dont deal with each other anymore. I suggest skipping the vendors and ordering it directly from Vorsteiner.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
could you send the link for that carbon lip i couldnt find it on that website u gave me Thanks
You can also get the Vorsteiner lip through www.Bavarianx.com ... talk to Brad and tell him Eddie referred you...he'll get you a great price...

I ordered the lip through Vorsteiner, and they were quoting a ridiculous $1500, but I used a coupon that I won....

I just got the RPI scoops installed this morning through Eloy....great guy to work with....

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
HRE's....I believe 597R's

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i see....because when I called Vorsteiner direct....they quoted me just over $1500

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thats my car!! I actually got the lip from Harbor Motorsports and the deal was great, call Ed there after 4pm 714 265 0010.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looks great but be reeeeaaaallll careful pulling up to wheel stops and curbs.
Trust me I do, my 997TT is even more scary :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
270 Posts
curbs, stops and stuff.

Looks great but be reeeeaaaallll careful pulling up to wheel stops and curbs.
Wouldn't last a week on my car.

I never hit anything at a speed of over 5mph baut I'm hell on those little curb/stop things, always afraid to leave the tail out too far. Live with rash on my wheels.

OTOH I Have no dings and no chips after 22 months.

·
Registered
607 Posts
OTOH I Have no dings and no chips after 22 months.
Got my first chip in the paint last month after 17 months.

Back to the topic. If y'all look under the front valance panel of your car you'll notice that in front of the wheels (on the "corners") you will see what appears to be an aerodynamic plastic piece. I'm guessing it helps direct air around the wheels (emphasis on "guess"). Anyway, last weekend I pulled up to a curb at an angle and hit the corner of this piece in just the right spot and the dang thing ripped out of the three little plastic rivets that hold the front of this piece in place. I'm sure it's all of a couple of bucks worth of plastic but I just can't wait to see what BMW will charge me to replace it. If I would of had a lip on the front it would not have been pretty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts