BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the dealers in San Diego won't even take orders any more for the M5. They say that all the allocation is sold until the new version comes out in 2003/2004. Heck, it will even take 2 years to get an M3 in San Diego according to the dealers.

So, anyone know where a dealer has a reasonable waiting list for cars at MSRP?

I have an E55 AMG on order but would rather get the M5. Scheduled date for the E55 is December/Jan/Feb time frame.

HELP! I want an M5!

Larry

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yea, tell me about it :) The market in SoCal is tight. I had to get mine from Maryland. I don't know of any dealers that have one, but I bought my from a fellow on eBay -- I ended up paying about what MSRP + tax + registration here in CA would be -- $83K total (last December).

Most people suggest calling all dealerships in a few state radius; M5's are allocated to the dealerships based on previous sales volume. You might get lucky and find a canceled order, empty slot on the waiting list, or returned car (because the buyer didn't like the color or interior).

Also, http://www.autotrader.com has 36 BMW M5's listed for sale -- price seems to range from $78K to $90K. Figure $1500-$2000 for shipping, inspection, and escrow when buying from another state.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try South Motors BMW in Florida , Howard Berger ( 305 256 2083 )

I got on the list there end of Feb 2000 and got my car built in early May 2000 Then did a courtesy delivery with Concord BMW in Northern California and got the car end of June. ( 4 month wait total)

Pierre

·
Registered
19 Posts
My local dealer (outside of Chicago) has one with 2400 miles on it. If you are interested, I can put you two together.

Dan

·
Registered
385 Posts
Foreign Motors West (Natick, MA) had a Titanium Silver M5 on their lot the other day. It didn't have a NEW CAR sticker on it, and I don't know what they were asking. It wasn't sold, because it did have the same sticker they have on the rest of their pre-owned inventory.

I believe it had black extended sportive interior, but I'm not sure on that one.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Prestige BMW (Ramsey, NJ) is taking orders for 2001 M5s at MSRP for delivery late 3rd/early 4th quarter 2000. I bought my 2000 M5 through them, ordered Dec. 1999, delivered two weeks ago.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Larry, if you're still looking for a new M5 in San Diego, I have a September production/October delivery number.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by francois:
Larry, if you're still looking for a new M5 in San Diego, I have a September production/October delivery number.
What do you propose? Go ahead and contact me at [email protected]

Interesting since I posted this I have found a couple of cars...seems like they are falling out more. I have one that I can get on Tuesday (a New 2000) for $1,500 over. I would rather get a 2001 if I could. Send me an email today or tomorrow if you can.

Larry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unreal..

I had a M5 all lined up to pick up on Monday of next week (my Birthday!) for MSRP. Brand new car, just got into stock. A customer could not take it and gave me the spot in line. I finalized the quote and made arrangements to fly out to pick it up. Took a week of vacation to drive it home. Everything is arranged when the owner of the dealership gets wind of the deal. He calls me and gives me a song and dance about not wanting to do the deal as he would get into trouble with BMW. Then in the very next sentence, he says but for an extra 5k, he will be happy to sell me the car. I reminded him that I had a deal with the sales rep and already had been offered the vehicle at a price and accepted the offer. He said he couldn't do it because BWM would be very mad if he did..then he pulled the 5k bull crap out again and said it was mine if I would just give him 5k more.

So at this point I am looking for another car, trying to decide what to do about the out of state dealer (write to BMWNA, the state governing body for auto's where his dealership is, or maybe sue his butt when I have to go find a car and pay more) or just leave it alone.

I would have no gripe except they offered the car to me, I accepted, and then they lie about the reason but then say I CAN HAVE IT for 5k more.

Anyway, I will write the complete story and reveal the sleazy dealer after I give them one more chance in the morning to do the right thing and honor the contract we had.

So, any ideas? Shut up and walk away? Any other cars around so I can just move on?

I can't beleive I had it all arranged...taking time off from work, flying to Chicago, talking to my insurance man, had the money all set, and so on...the BOOM! Bend over buddy! We want more!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's terrible. The most insulting thing is the owner giving some lame excuse about BMWNA being mad...but they won't be if he get another 5k? What a bunch of crap. I live in Chicago and my M5 is being built this week. Most of the dealers I contacted were willing to agree to MSRP. But, I also was on a waiting list since 2/00. I know you're from CA, but if you want some names of (so far) reputable dealers in the Chicago area, email me. Also let us know who pulled this crap. We need to start boycotting dealers who pull stunts like this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
SUE SUE SUE......i cant stress that word enough....u might end up being rewarded with the car for free for having to deal with a sleazy dealer who's looking to make money off you. Please SUE!!! I beg you....i'll give u my lawyer's name and phone #. Im from NY, but i'll be more than glad to offer you his services. By the way, the money u make u could put down a deposit for half of what an M3 would be for me. Thanks....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts