BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bring this up because of a brief discussion on another thread about the stroker.
It seems you hear very little or nothing about individuals out there with them.
Curiosity prevails because with such a high-end upgrade.You must know that members would like to know the owners impressions at least for starters.
Further performance results I am sure most of us want to know.

Anyway just an observation from a "know nothing".
:cheers: guys,
M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
who really would spend approx 80 grand for the stroker, thats parts/lobor and recamended upgrades needed to make the projected Horse Power... 80k ???? for what ? to get eaten still?? bya STOCK Z06 ???

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there anyone out there with first hand experience or knowledge?
I have read such statements, that a stroker owner would not ever consider becoming involved in the forum.
All some of us want are to hear about results.

UFH is it really that much money at the end of the day to get a stroker?
I always thought if you could keep your motor it would realisticly possible.

M5Ranger

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Heath how are you buddy? Are you feeling better?
Doing the exhaust video was a blast. The M5 is brutally vicious.

No my friend, my question comes from the standpoint of gathering information regarding this mod.
Plus I'd love to run one.
We will see the outcome this fall when an ASR M5/M6 runs against the worlds supercars. Do you want to go?

Cheers, M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
m6ontheway if I had the money to blow I would go with a totally built motor with twin turbos from ASR (as is being worked on right now - though on backburner).
The ASR product will rock your world. It will be less than the stroker.
But I do not want to talk about the ASR components.

I want to hear from Dinan stroker owners.
:cheers: to all,
M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
102 Posts
Juan,

I don't think its 80k. the stroker kit with all recommended options excluding wheels is 58735.48 per dinan website. BUT, if you purchase any signature package, they will give you 10% off.

So that comes out to 52,861.93 for all parts. Then they quote 74 hours of labor. which is usually put there so dealers/installers can make their money, because they barely make anything on parts. go to a dealer you trust and im sure they can cut down that time by at least 20%. so lets say 60 hours total.

60 hrs. X 100/hr average labor costs. = $6000.00

so i would say it falls right about 60k for everything. i rounded up for freight costs.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Yep...

Juan,

I don't think its 80k. the stroker kit with all recommended options excluding wheels is 58735.48 per dinan website. BUT, if you purchase any signature package, they will give you 10% off.

So that comes out to 52,861.93 for all parts. Then they quote 74 hours of labor. which is usually put there so dealers/installers can make their money, because they barely make anything on parts. go to a dealer you trust and im sure they can cut down that time by at least 20%. so lets say 60 hours total.

60 hrs. X 100/hr average labor costs. = $6000.00

so i would say it falls right about 60k for everything. i rounded up for freight costs.
Otherwise now known as "S3 Signature" pkg, which includes their entire Stage 2 suspension pkg, front and rear CF strut/shock tower braces, monoballs to replace lower control arm bushings, and a Brembo GT BBK. In other words, a COMPLETE, total performance enhancement pkg; ALL under a full warranty which mirrors BMW's original owner factory warranty (http://www.dinancars.com/store/S3-Package-c-551-p-3979.html ).

Roja, you are very wise to understand a comprehensive, "pkg deal" is readily available from Dinans dealers.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey all - whats up!!?? :cheers: I wish I could find some feed back as well. The best lead I have right now in my area is that someone supposedly bought a new M5 and is buying the stroker right away to stick in. I made calls 2 weeks ago to the dealer that my Dinan guy is claiming this upgrade is coming from. Parts guy was on vacation... I spoke with a SA but he said he was unsure of it and knew nothing about it, but says he is usually the last to know. I've been wondering if my Dinan guy was just trying to throw bait out there to get me to bite on it - because I always tell him to try and find a faster M5 in the area than mine - and if he does I'll be modding some more! :hihi: I am going to that dealer tomorrow for another reason - so I am going to ask to see if there is any proof of this order.. if thats the case I'm gonna see if they can put me in contact with this person... I actually thought about doing it (seriously) but I am still in an argument with Dinan and my throttle body experience - I would care to guess that if my throttle bodies had shown awesome gains - I would have been sold and would either be seriously thinking about or would have one by now! :nono: I mean come on - there has to be someone out there that would come on this board and show us the results, or there are so few out there... I mean who wouldn't be a board junky and have a stroker - who throws 40-50K and not brag about their new mod or right about it in disgust. Either way we gotta find soemone to hear what its like. My biggets BUT right now are the (2) strikes Dinan has in my book (springs and throttle bodies), and right now I am not willing to give them the 3rd strike by means of 40K... :dunno:

Or can Dan or Chris contact Dinan to see if they can get an inside to see if any Stroker was ordered for the St Louis area?

My next mod - is to try out ASR - I haven't been able to follow the ASR CAI progress - Ranger or anyone know how far out this mod is and how it is going? Sounded great from another thread a few weeks ago - sounds like something I would be all over...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I found one M6 with stroker in San Diego. Once it's breaking in, I think they will do a road test comparison to shop owner's E39 S3. Unfortunately, the M6 owner is not a board member.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is hilarious, each of the few times I've heard about a stroker it is always in the break-in, incredible.
Kenny the one you referred to has been commented about before and has been in the break in period (? 6 months?).
Regardless it would be nice to hear about performance results, acceleration parameters and 1/4 mile. Maybe even a dyno pull but we know how we've been told that they are for $h!t.
Anyway so results and impressions that's all.
:cheers:
M5Ranger

BTW M5 Junky, the ASR CAI were delayed because instead of billet aluminum for the tubes, it is being further reseached. The design is off to an aeronautical contractor of the military to make the entire design of pure true CF. We need to see costs and value ratios. The quality will be outrageous. These guys are making helicopter cabins/chassis of CF.
News will be coming soon.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Chill out, Juan.:kaffe: According to my stroker thread I've seen, http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117021 (April.15) and I think it didn't get installed about two weeks later (May.1). It only been 1.5months.

Agree, if I have those stroker things, I would probably break her in a day or two.

I went back to the shop last week to check for my squeaky noise and replace cabin filter, so the last i heard that the break-in almost done and they will definitely do the comparison between the two. I doubt they will put on the dyno. Don't ask me whyyawnnnn

What surprise me that none of them is boardmember here or any online forum.

It is hilarious, each of the few times I've heard about a stroker it is always in the break-in, incredible.
Kenny the one you referred to has been commented about before and has been in the break in period (? 6 months?).
Regardless it would be nice to hear about performance results, acceleration parameters and 1/4 mile. Maybe even a dyno pull but we know how we've been told that they are for $h!t.
Anyway so results and impressions that's all.
:cheers:
M5Ranger

BTW M5 Junky, the ASR CAI were delayed because instead of billet aluminum for the tubes, it is being further reseached. The design is off to an aeronautical contractor of the military to make the entire design of pure true CF. We need to see costs and value ratios. The quality will be outrageous. These guys are making helicopter cabins/chassis of CF.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have been able to confirm that a stroker motor is due in to a local dealer here in St Louis anyday to be installed in a brand spankin new M5. They told me they will start the install within the next week. I am trying to get the dealer to get the owner to call me when she is all done. Stay tuned - I am all over this one.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I doubt they will put on the dyno. Don't ask me whyyawnnnn

What surprise me that none of them is boardmember here or any online forum.

I don't get this either.. If I installed it - I would be writing a book about it somewhere - dropping 50G's on a mod all at once - I'm gonna tell someone if it was worth it.. :kaffe:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think ASR are doin very well, but i am wondering are you affiliated with them ?? your always talking about their products more than your car.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I don't get this either.. If I installed it - I would be writing a book about it somewhere - dropping 50G's on a mod all at once - I'm gonna tell someone if it was worth it.. :kaffe:
Some people just want "it" in possess. It could be easily related to Paris Hilton with SLR in the way.:thumbsup:

I'm very sure that if Juan or others accumulated all the money spent on their beast, it somewhere up there too, but, personally, i want to enjoy each mod once at the time and see the progress(not possessouich), that what keep me excited.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Some people just want "it" in possess. It could be easily related to Paris Hilton with SLR in the way.:thumbsup:

I'm very sure that if Juan or others accumulated all the money spent on their beast, it somewhere up there too, but, personally, i want to enjoy each mod once at the time and see the progress(not possessouich), that what keep me excited.
Kind of like when my GF takes off her undergarments one at a time.:eek:oohhh:lovelove

·
Registered
45 Posts
i think Juan (M5 ranger) and I are affiliated and the same way the fans of Dinan are...which means we are not. just customers sharing our personal experiences and passing it on to you guys. but i think it is a valid point show me something! anything... a video... a picture a dyno graph an etch-a-scetch.....of an actual setup (besides the visit from gustav)there isnt much. We have seen the goods from other tuners yet some how this product eludes us.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts