BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
You know, what kills me with CDV.. the logic is to protect the trans, half shafts, etc.. but at the expense of the clutch. I guess BMW's thought on this is that it is easier to blame a owner for not knowing how to drive clutch (which they can charge to replace the clutch) than it is to eat the potential costs of trashed u-joints or cv-joints, which would be harder to lay blame on the customer.

I still think that they could blame the owners when things break even if they didnt have a CDV. Signs of abuse show through really easily. Some people think that BMW's take abuse well, but they dont. Mustangs and Camaros take abuse well. Someone who beats the crap out of an E39 then wonders about guibos, rear subframes sway bar brackets etc deserves to pay to replace the parts.
A CDV is the lamest way to keep parts from breaking. Lets think about it; lets break a part so others dont get broken... :confused: I didnt know about them when I had my 528; I just thought the car had a crappy clutch.
:cheers:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.