BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rumour has it that the M3 will be released as a Sedan in first place powered by a 4.0 liter V8 delivering 414 PS. The transmission will mostly be the same 7-speed SMG III as in the current M5 and a 6-speed manual will also be available.

Have a look at this picture here - it will give you a good impression of what you can expect.

Despite all this information I have no clue at which point we will be able to see a concept M3. Maybe in Geneva along with the M Roadster?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cordian said:
Rumour has it that the M3 will be released as a Sedan in first place powered by a 4.0 liter V8 delivering 414 PS. The transmission will mostly be the same 7-speed SMG III as in the current M5 and a 6-speed manual will also be available.

Have a look at this picture here - it will give you a good impression of what you can expect.

Despite all this information I have no clue at which point we will be able to see a concept M3. Maybe in Geneva along with the M Roadster?
sweet, thanks man. though i find it strange the next gen M3 is coming in 4 door.....and specially before the coupe.

I think M3 should stick with coupe, making it a 4 door is too much competition to the M5.

i really can't wait to see the next coupe M3. that link shows the 4 door, i know(or atleast i heard) that the coupe would have totaly different headlights from the 4 door. i also hope they fix the rear light, the 4 door 3 series has bland rear lights.

i just got the new M5 with SMG and love it, but somehow i still think 6 speed manual has the edge.

btw the M5 is a seriouse gas guzzler, i hope the V8 M3 isnt as thirsty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Now don't you guys down there in UAE have enough gas? :)

I just found the thread again where I got my informations from. The fact that BMW is considering a M3 Touring is quite impressive but after all only a logical response to its competitor Audi.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cordian said:
Now don't you guys down there in UAE have enough gas? :)

I just found the thread again where I got my informations from. The fact that BMW is considering a M3 Touring is quite impressive but after all only a logical response to its competitor Audi.
we have plenty of gas here, but about 3-4 weeks ago gas prices shot up 30% :( they're even expecting it to go higher. this is pretty messed up for a country that exports gas/oil. grrrrrrr

and it all happened when i decided to buy an M5 :crying2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts