BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I recall reading some time ago that when the car is being dynoed, one needs to remove a few of the many fuses. Does anyone know which particular fuses have to be removed? The dyno test would be done on a DYNO PACK instead of the typical DYNOJET. I believe this should make my dyno figures more accurate, right??? Last, my car's odometer clock just turned 6,000 miles. Is it too soon or premature to perform the dyno test, due to possible stress and full load onto the motor from the dyno run?
Thanks.
Robert :cheers:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Rob, post #26 has the instructions on disabling the DSC fuse traction routine.. clicky here
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bro !

Tin said:
Rob, post #26 has the instructions on disabling the DSC fuse traction routine.. clicky here

PS Tin you and Daniel aka "BeastPower" better watch out, cause my numbers might smash both your numbers. hehehehe........ ;)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Re: Thanks Bro !

FAST 5 said:

PS Tin you and Daniel aka "BeastPower" better watch out, cause my numbers might smash both your numbers. hehehehe........ ;)
hiha cool, is your full Dinan S2 package complete? post some pics dude! I'm still missing one of the vital components in the S2.. the uprated rear diff... should definately help the "power to rear wheels" argument :haha:

have fun dyno'ing :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Tin,
Yup.............. the "FAST 5" Beast is 100% complete with the S2 package. All except for the cams. I had the Dinan stage 2 JRZ suspension system installed last week. It's an excellent suspension system and Im extremely happy with the results! If you lived here in the states, I'd do you a "solid" and hook you up with the Dinan 3.45 rear diff. at my cost but its just too complicated with you being in the UK.

·
10,455 Posts
So when is the dyno day Robert? Can't wait to hear the results. I'm still on the fence with throttle bodies...
Mike

FAST 5 said:
Hi Tin,
Yup.............. the "FAST 5" Beast is 100% complete with the S2 package. All except for the cams. I had the Dinan stage 2 JRZ suspension system installed last week. It's an excellent suspension system and Im extremely happy with the results! If you lived here in the states, I'd do you a "solid" and hook you up with the Dinan 3.45 rear diff. at my cost but its just too complicated with you being in the UK.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sounds awesome.

I am slowly building up the car. But darn if it isn't expensive. I really only want the HP mods from Dinan so I'll probably bypass the S1, but then again, there is always the lottery right?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
warhaven said:
Sounds awesome.

I am slowly building up the car. But darn if it isn't expensive. I really only want the HP mods from Dinan so I'll probably bypass the S1, but then again, there is always the lottery right?

What did you mean by saying, "you'll pass by the S1" ???
You and I had a conversation about you know what and...... you know what I told you, right?
Robert ;)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
FAST 5 said:
What did you mean by saying, "you'll pass by the S1" ???
You and I had a conversation about you know what and...... you know what I told you, right?
Robert ;)
I've had an idea... mmmmmm have just pm'ed you Rob..

·
Registered
466 Posts
Fast,

Indeed. My meaning is that the mods the S1 Dinan package has offers no additional improvements over what I currently posses except handling i.e. suspension modifications. Therefore, I'll bypass or pass on the S1 certification and look elsewhere from there on. I may piecemeal some other Dinan mods or go with supersprint or who knows. But that was my only point. I love the Dinan stuff and can't say enough to praise their reserch and development, crafting, etc. but the s1 mod does not meet my needs in priority. Not that it's bad or anything. Just not worth it for me since I am happy with the car's stock handling characteristics. Now if somone else wants to pay for those mods I'll volunteer, of course lovelove

1 - 11 of 11 Posts