BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used set of Dinan wheels for my E60 and finally had a chance to fit them, the back is fine with 12mm spacers but the front looks like it would require more than 30 mm of spacer 35 is my guess. At what point is a spacer too big? When will it compromise handling or safety? Appreciate the feedback as always.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Anything over 20mm and you can buy bolt on spacers. These bolt to the hub then you bolt the wheel to them.

These in effect work as a hub extender

I drove my friends M3 with 25mm bolt on spacers and noticed no different on the handling

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Do a search on H&R DRA system, they have it up to 60mm. If you're putting on thick spacers with the Dinan wheels, it looks like the offsets of the Dinan wheels you have are for M3 fitment? There's no way I can put 12mm at the rear with the Dinan wheels, I rub at hard cornering with 305s. Up front 12mm max with 275 before rubbing.

Reactions: Feld1128

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,393 Posts
I'm on 15mm on my Dinan wheels with wider 255 PSSs, up front, and barely clear (by 3mm) the perch of my shock tower on my coilovers. There is no way a 265 PSS would fit up front for me.

Jed and I are running identical wheel offsets, but different tires PSSs v PS2s.

Details are in my signature.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took some more measurements and it looks like a 33mm bolt on hub extension will work fine, should clear strut by 2 to 3mm. It will be custom made and will accept my oem lug bolts into the extension. Will post results when finished.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts