BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wheels (rims&tires) have been stolen for the 2nd time in 2 months here in Sunnyvale CA, so if anyone sees M rims and tires for sale please let me know as I'd like to nail this jerks.

In the meantime I'd like to ask for input on what tires to replace them with, i.e. opinions on tire for the sock rims?

Brutus

[email protected]

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
OH NO!

thats terrible!

are you parking in the same locations? if you must, perhaps you can arrange some monitoring of the site- perhaps even with police help. I am sorry for you. I wish you will have a change in your luck.

best wishes
ME

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Brutus,

That is an old car stereo thief move. I had a cd player and changer stolen from my Golf. Replaced it and they hit me again within weeks.

I would take the time to check all classified websites (Ebay, classifieds 2000, etc.) and local cheap weekly rags. Chances are they may be shipping them off somewhere. I have always been interested in breeding a small vicious dog that could just live in your car and attack intruders.

Have a few drinks this weekend and try to forget about it.

Kevin K.

·
Registered
123 Posts
brutus,

Try using some wheel locks next time.
That sucks that you are now looking at your 3rd set of wheels and tires.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
You might suggest to your insurance company that they provide a van and a video camera. These guys appear to regard you as their warehouse.

By the way, you might make sure you get Pilot Sports this time.

John.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will suggest to the insurace company, too the Sunnyvale PD, and to the apartment complex but I fear that it'll be all to easy for them all to just say "oh well, these things happen".

And yes, Sport's have been ordered.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Put 5 sets of wheel locks on each wheel so you give them a hard time taking the wheels off. That would be a lot of fun

-Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts