BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of the UK members know, my wheels were a disgrace:

Many thanks to Tin & Gus for recommending Charles Bhanot who came along and did this to my car!!

Then he took out his angle grinder and I got really worried :eek: :

There was no need to remove the wheels and he soon got on with it:

Here you can see the metallic colour being applied to a wheel:

Four hours and £300 later, all four wheels were looking immaculate:

An excellent job. I can recommend Charles for anyone in the south of England who is considering a wheel refurb. He's not the cheapest but he's probably the best. His number is (07970) 914108.

:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Have to gave steady hands with that angle grinder near those expensive tires - yikes! I would have passed out. Anyohow, looks great. In person, how hard do you have to look to tell they've been touched or not really?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ashok, thats why you need a RHD in the UK, the kerbs have been made for them.... :biggrin:

It looks like a Performance Power (B&Q) angle grinder - so I guess the skill is all in the hands that control it...

They have done a great job - I need to get my old Schnitzer type-II's refurbed so will give them a buzz...

Happy Diwali!!!cherrsagai

·
Registered
179 Posts
Extremely good job :) hiha

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
WOW - nice;

Anyone know if an alternate group of guys pulling up in a van ready to go can be found here in the USA? Conversely, a shop where one can send a rim? Got a scratched 19" Hamann -
Thanks ;)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Great thread, Ashok! Congrats. The curbs in the UK must have teeth to chew up a rim like that. :sad2:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
cool, nice to see ya wheels like new again! Charles is a top man!
also a real car enthusiast too, has an original Lotus/Opel Carlton Turbo!!!
lol, need to add that to my list of races :haha:

Keep away from kerbs dude, use the electric mirrors!! :M5thumbs:

Tin

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ashok Arora,
Man! How could your wheel get like this? Man! Hopefully you are more careful in the future. :confused3 My wife is the same way she scratches
her wheels constantly and has the nerve to ask to drive my beast. NO WAY,
IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL FIRST!!! Honey if you are reading over my shoulder I am just kidding.:blabla:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
vics said:
Anyone know if an alternate group of guys pulling up in a van ready to go can be found here in the USA? Conversely, a shop where one can send a rim? Got a scratched 19" Hamann
The Wheel Collision Center in Bath, PA does a pretty good job repairing bent rims and fixing up curb rash. They are at http://www.wheelcollision.com

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
vics:

You can also look into Rim Pro in Tewksbury, MA. They also repair bent and dinged rims. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Charles did a great job on my CSL wheel and his son who works for him is based at Barons of Farnborough most of the week if you need a wheel done.

·
Registered
638 Posts
looking good ashok...

but a word of advice... my car had similarly had just the edge of the wheels refurbished b4 i took delivery, and several 'hand car washes' later the finish had all but come off.. so be very careful what and who sprays your wheels when cleaning them...

that's why lepsons did the whole wheel for me and not just the rim... and baked them in the ovens after clearcoating... not as convenient as four hours and outside your door... but i spent the same, and got them done in a day...

·
Registered
638 Posts
boostmiser said:
Have to gave steady hands with that angle grinder near those expensive tires - yikes! I would have passed out. Anyohow, looks great. In person, how hard do you have to look to tell they've been touched or not really?
usually when they do the rim only, there is a very fine black line along the inner edge, unless they spray into the wheel... tell tell sign i've seen on quite a few cars...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tin? Gus? JohnH? Any problems with yours?

The quality of the job seems 100% - you really can't tell they are refurbed. I hope they last.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Tin? Gus? JohnH? Any problems with yours?

The quality of the job seems 100% - you really can't tell they are refurbed. I hope they last.
yep I can understand from where Mohan is coming from, but Charles's work is 100% top notch, never had any problems for over a year! with several hand car washes.. including very direct and acurate washing of the alloys...

One of the reasons (besides others) why getting my ACS TypeIII's, my fingers used to get messed up cos of the many spokes of the OEM wheel design.

They will be fine Ashok, if not I'm sure Charles will sort them out foc.

Tin

·
Registered
638 Posts
Tin said:
yep I can understand from where Mohan is coming from, but Charles's work is 100% top notch, never had any problems for over a year! with several hand car washes.. including very direct and acurate washing of the alloys...

Tin

Hi guys,

i'm not knocking the work ashok has had done, far from it, as i said in my first post, looking great..

what i was trying to say was be careful mate... it was with winter last year i ventured to the hand car washes, and you really do not know what **** they use on the wheels... the place that ruined my wheels i had been to before, but this time they were rather busy and they sprayed my wheels far too early and left the stuff on far too long... even on meguiar's wheel cleaner, which is non-acidic, it says leave on only for 15 seconds....

so what i was trying to say ashok was i'm sure they've done a great job, but it's best to be vigilante when it comes to others spraying your wheels.....

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Vigilant is the work Mohan - I'll be careful

Vigilante is something completely different ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts