BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, :byee55amg

got my wheels refurbished again yesterday at Lepsons in gillingham, uk. they did them last year, but my wife's love affair with the kerbs meant it was time to visit them again. they did a same day turnaround, and boy am i happy. thought i would post some pics... i asked for a darker shadow chrome finish this time... i would highly recommend this place... their website is www.lepsons.com...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Finish looks very good, I also like the colour, not too dark but not too light if you know what I mean. :M5thumbs:

Just one little observation though, get them wheel studs cleaned/painted/renewed as this will make a big difference in the overall appearance. hiha hiha hiha

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice Job!

2 Observations
- Yes, get some new lug nuts man
- Being a man with new lug nuts, ban the wife from the car :1:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I took my car to a recommended wheel repair place here in Melbourne yesterday.

AUD$1,100 to fix and re-paint all 4 of my wheels. The worst one I have attached a photo of.

Apparantly the paint they use for the shaddow chrome finish is AUD$600 a litre, so I have booked it in from the 12th -> 15th of September.

I am still worried that they are not going to be able to match the finish but they assure me that they can. $1100 is much better than AUD$3500 for new wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Looks like silver paint, not the black powder coat, then translucent chrome color coat that is the factory finish...

If you look at a new wheel, you can see the black powder coat on inside of the rim and around the rim under the tire.

A good refinish is a total strip, blast, an refinish...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cableguy said:
Finish looks very good, I also like the colour, not too dark but not too light if you know what I mean. :M5thumbs:
thanks... i got them to do a heavy chrome coat last year so they did look a bit too light... nice, but not classic oem... i found though that with brake dust, the finish darkens very quickly, so i agree that what they have done now is perfect... any darker and, not enough bling!! :cheers:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vvanherk said:
Being a man with new lug nuts, ban the wife from the car :1:
man, i wish i could.... but her names on the registration document so she's the legal owner :crying: , and it is our only 'super-mpv' car... kids love it, can i deny them!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aaronmiles said:
I took my car to a recommended wheel repair place here in Melbourne yesterday.

AUD$1,100 to fix and re-paint all 4 of my wheels. The worst one I have attached a photo of.
hi, as the post after yours says, be sure that they can do what they say they can... the wheels should be stripped, a dry powder coat of black done, then after baking, the chrome and clearcoats... shop around if need be, ask to see their workshops and what they are doing, and ask this forum... someone may know someone... good luck... i spent ages trying to find the right place, and i went back myself!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts