BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day!

I am on the verge of buying my set of rims (customized) and I was wondering if anyone could help advise what fitment I should use best. I am hoping to get the most aggressive look as I possibly can while maintaining daily drivability, I just want to maximize the idea that I can custom the rim set to my liking/need.

Here is what I have so far:
245/35/r19 and 275/30r19 tires
Koni adjustable shocks
B&G springs

Am eyeing to get a set of 19" Work VS-XX (preferrably 19x9, 19x10.5) and I'm eyeing to get brembo BBKs (6pot front and 4 pot rear) in the future

I have done alot of backreading in the board, from VSXX owners to BBS LM owners

If I may quote from this thread:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/parts-sale-wanted-bmw-m3-m5-m6-x5m-x6m-1-m-coupe-alpina-models/148517-feeler-work-vs-xx-wheels-19-tade-sell.html
"Wheels are 19's with 245/35/19 (front) and 275/30/19 in the back. The front wheels are 19" x 8.5 offset 17 and the rears are 19" x 10. offset 23"
But after looking at this pic, I think I could go a little more aggressive
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachments/parts-sale-wanted-bmw-m3-m5-m6-x5m-x6m-1-m-coupe-alpina-models/94684d1260491569-feeler-work-vs-xx-wheels-19-tade-sell-img_4903.jpg

So, Am eyeing to get 19x9 and 19x10.5 rims. especially after seeing other cars do 19x9.5 / 19x11 setups:cheers:

Now my question is:

What offset should I have to get to make it fit + somewhat aggressive + it'll clear my future brembo brakes 6pot front / 4pot rear (will I be safe at +20/+22?)

Some more resources I've been reading:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/153983-e39-m5-19-bbs.html

Here is a link of the Work fitment PDF file for the VSXX:
http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/wheels/26/75/VSXX_PDF.pdf

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
OK from the PDF you posted:

19x9.0F ET13
19x10.5R ET17 (deep rim dish) or 19x10.5R ET19 (standard dish)

Those are the best fitments IMO. You'd run a 245/35/19 tire front, and a 275/30/19 tire rear. You potentially could run more, but those sizes I posted will clear fender/suspension no problem. If you want to try bigger/wider sizes, YMMV.

On the fronts, ET13 should suffice with a BBK in the future. If not, when you purchase the BBK and find that they are close, simply install a 3 or 5mm spacer to clear.

If the wheels are not aggressive enough when you receive them, simply measure to determine best spacer size to get the fitment you are yearning for:

Reactions: Auto-links

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey bud, just wondering about this: saw a tire calculator site: Tire Calculator - Velg Mobil Indonesia - Velg Mobil Racing - Official Website by Permaisuri.com

Entered the specs for the front 19x9 rim (used +0 instead of +13) and here are my results:

Everything seems good, I have just 2 questions:

1.) Sticking out .8" from stock seems may be tolerable by the fender right? (b&g + koni yellows)
2.) Issue here really is the brake clearance right? - if it doesnt fit, is there anything I could possibly do?

getting greedy with 13mm worth of lip :hihi:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hey bud, just wondering about this: saw a tire calculator site: Tire Calculator - Velg Mobil Indonesia - Velg Mobil Racing - Official Website by Permaisuri.com

Entered the specs for the front 19x9 rim (used +0 instead of +13) and here are my results:

Everything seems good, I have just 2 questions:

1.) Sticking out .8" from stock seems may be tolerable by the fender right? (b&g + koni yellows)
2.) Issue here really is the brake clearance right? - if it doesnt fit, is there anything I could possibly do?

getting greedy with 13mm worth of lip :hihi:
If it does not clear brakes, simply run a spacer needed to clear. So no big deal there.

0.8" is about 20mm which is big. This would mean you would have to run a stretched tire up front as to not rub your fenders, or attempt to roll and pull the fender to ensure proper clearance.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Don't forget to post pics when you mount them :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will do buddy! hopefully they already have the face and i wont have to wait 3 months. for it

reeeally excited with 109mm worth of lip a the rear :grinyes:

Think I can pull off an "extreme gold" with polished lip on my silver m5? or should I stay with the safe gunmetal?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Unfortunately I'm a titanium or (was is silverstone) silver and not the dark grey.

This also looks damn nice ouich

Do these appeal to you?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know this is still the classic look, But I just fear I might regret when it's already there and didn't give it enough thought :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts