BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
[. How can i drop it back down again, another diff? if so,which one? or sourcing a 6 speed 'box and associated kit?
Thanx in advance![/QUOTE]
Fit a 6 speed box as i did ,guaranteed to make a big difference,you'll have to change the prop too,leave the diff in and enjoy.

·
Registered
581 Posts
illjah said:
I can vouch for that as I've got his 6spd box & diff!! And I am enjoying it!
Glad to know that you're enjoying the box,how are you coping with the short shift?
I still have the new 6 speed gearbox if anyone else is thinking of going this route.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Geach said:
Hi, I am running 245/40x18 tyres but did notice during changing that stood next to the 255/40x17's there was a height difference, definately noticable with the first trip up the road that the car wasnt quite as lively. Am i right in thinking that the 6 speed has the same ratio in top as the 5 speed therefore making the lower gears closer together? which should help my cause? What should i be paying for a decent 6 speed 'box,prop,linkage and whatever else?
Hi, i ran with M Parallels 235/40 /18 at the front and 265/35/18 at the rear without any problems, car felt very good,turn-in was excellent. I changed to a 6 speed box which made the car feel even better.
The going rate for a second hand 6 speed box is around the£1100/£1200 mark i think(if you can find a good one).I have a brand new 6 speed box which is up for sale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.