BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probally a Silly question to some but as i am quite new to the modding scene, i have a question that needs answering. I absolutly love the way the M5 handles and rides, if i was to lower the car with either Eibach or Hartge springs and put on 20" alloys would the handling get alot or marginaly worse (less side wall on tyre), bearing in mind in the UK the roads are no where as smooth as most states in the US. I have already been told by numerous poeple putting 21" alloys is a defo no no.

Also does anybody know if the M5 has an AUX point where i can plug a jack into it to run my i-pod of.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Lowering will improve your handling while reducing your ride quality a tad. The larger rimswont do much in termsof improving handling and you do bear the risk of bending them on poor road conditions with such a low profile tyre. All that being said, I think if you lower and put on the rims, the car will look much improved. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply i am not bothered about improving the handling as long as it doesn't go worse. any idea on springs (Eibach or Hartge)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Thanks for the reply i am not bothered about improving the handling as long as it doesn't go worse. any idea on springs (Eibach or Hartge)
I did Eibach and I am very happy. I did not sense a difference in ride quality. I stayed with 19's, (HRE's) partially for weight and performance but I am not sure if 20's will be noticable for ride quality. 21's you will require lower profile tires (sorry, I can't help buy spell it correctly!:hihi:) which will affect your setup in many ways.:dunno:

I have an '08, which has the Ipod integrated, there are others with '06's and '07's with adaptors via the CD. Do a search, there are numerous threads on this subject.
As always :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts