BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Please forgive my ignorance. I live in northeast Ohio and this is the first year I will drive the beast in the snow. Tired of borrowing the wife's 750 and can't fit the kids seats in the back of my truck. I bought a set of 17" wheels with new blizzaks from a guy on eBay who had them on his e39 540. The rears fit fine but the fronts don't clear the brakes. Any recommendations for a particular type or make of wheel spacer? I need 20 mm. Does anyone see a problem with using spacers? My dealer obviously dodged the question. Those guys are about as useful as an ex wife; all they do is take your money.
Any input would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
style 66s will fit. buy 4 of them and sell your 17" wheels.

I can't answer which spacer will work because you didn't provide which wheels you purchased, or their dimensions. However, the spacer would most likely need to be wider than the car can accomodate because the caliper hits the inside of the wheel, not the wheel's lip.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

H&R and ECS Tuning makes spacers. Nothing wrong with 20mm just make sure you purchase extended bolts.

Lots of info about spaces if you search also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts