BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the tire shop that was replacing one of my tires end up damaging the lip of my rear rim. The scuffed off the pain on edges of the lip. I am looking for a local shop in the Washington DC area that can repair the rim. Any ideas? Do I have to worry about the finish looking different then the other 3 rims?

As well the guy mounting the new tire mounted it the wrong way. Is it ok to the drive the car for a few days with a reverse mounted tire?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
So the tire shop that was replacing one of my tires end up damaging the lip of my rear rim. The scuffed off the pain on edges of the lip. I am looking for a local shop in the Washington DC area that can repair the rim. Any ideas? Do I have to worry about the finish looking different then the other 3 rims?

As well the guy mounting the new tire mounted it the wrong way. Is it ok to the drive the car for a few days with a reverse mounted tire?
No on driving with the tire mounted in reverse!

Heard lot's of good things about these guys when I lived in Ellicott City. Never had a need to use them though.

Ye Olde Wheel Shop, 6363 Washington Blvd., Elkridge, MD 21075, (800) 526-8260, (410) 796-8400

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Do I have to worry about the finish looking different then the other 3 rims?
Yes. It is very nearly impossible for anyone to match the OEM "Shadow Chrome" finish that BMW used on E39 M5 and E36/8 Z3 M Coupe & Roadster (2001-2002) wheels.

Your absolute best bet would be to get them to buy you a new wheel.

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
+1 to Ben.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wheel Repair

Check out these guys in Rockville,MD. Other board members have used them in the past and I have heard good things about them.

http://www.wheelrefinisher.com/

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts