BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a MY2000 M5 and it badly needs all four wheels refurbished due to alot of curb rash and a bad job that has obviously been done on them before. I was wondering if anyone in the UK had had any experience of Lepsons, or anyone else for that matter, as I would like to get them looking as close to o/e as possible! :dunno:

I'm located in Wimbledon - south west London. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob,

Thanks for that - I'd read that thread before and was really impressed with the quality of those wheels. May give them a call, and will do a search (always forget I can do that!) for Lepsons.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Rob,

Thanks for that - I'd read that thread before and was really impressed with the quality of those wheels. May give them a call, and will do a search (always forget I can do that!) for Lepsons.

Thanks again!
You are welcome Olly! I hate telling people to do a search.............I think it makes me sound like a teacher telling someone to look it up for themselves!! I have searched myself before but never saved the search!!

Good luck with your wheels, I still haven't got round to getting mine done yet, I've still got a few suspension issues to sort first before I have the luxury of sorting the cosmetics!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Ashok - lots of options now!

Will get them done as soon as the weather improves. So about July then I guess...!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
if you do use Lepsons, i will be interested to see before and after pictures. Bought some Alpina wheels from BM Autosport which had been refurbed by Lepsons and they were pretty good standard!

cheers

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
a friend of mine does mobile wheel repairs, problem with mine is that they are corroded on the face of the wheel as well as curbed, so mine need to be completely stripped and dipped in an acid bath for a proper finish that won't bubble up again.

Looks like someone like Lepsons will be the only answer!

cheers

·
Registered
638 Posts
hi, they did my wheels twice... they are good.....
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58359

only down side i would day is that the black laquer they use under the silver forms quite a thick coat and if you kerb the wheels again it flakes!!! which is why i had to have my wheels done twice..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a friend of mine does mobile wheel repairs, problem with mine is that they are corroded on the face of the wheel as well as curbed
Same as mine - I've got bad curb rash, a poor refurb before (the rims are more silvery than the face) and between the spokes the finish is down to the black powder coat. In short, they are absolutely disgusting!:eek:oohhh:

I'll post some before photos, then some after one obviously. I'm aiming for an o/e so will hopefully be able to get it somewhere - probably going to try Lepsons...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Spit & Polish of Tonbridge, Kent (01732 367771)

I did a search under "Tonbridge" because I couldn't remember the name cherrsagaiof the firm.

Had a friend (pedantic mother!) have some wheels done there and along with the recommendation on the "Tonbridge" thread he was delighted with the work.

Think this is a full "car on bricks" job, with it beached for 7ish days :eek:oohhh:

Let us know how you get on please.

·
Registered
124 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts