BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I have sent my M5's alloys away to be refurbished in the original shadow chrome colour. The company which are performing the refurbishment, which I will keep anonymous for the moment, sent me an email today kindly letting me know that the wheels were complete.

However, there was a problem. This is the email I received:

The wheels are completed, however there is an issue with one wheel in the recess of the spoke.
Attached are some images. The issue is due to the casting as it is a shadow chrome finish we prefer to paint all wheels at the same time, we could reprocess them however they have been done twice and we don’t feel it will be improved upon.

I have included a picture of the problem below. But I just wanted to get the thoughts from some of you to what I should do here. Personally, I think they have only done the refurb the once, and don't want to do it again, those marks pictures should be able to be easily filled? I guess I have two options, tell them to do it again, or take it as it is, but refuse to pay for the one wheel which is sub standard.

http://1drv.ms/1lKAE3q

http://1drv.ms/1lKAPvx

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
If it was me, I would ask for a discount, and promise to leave a good review online if they do. You rub their back with a review and that helps their company, they rub yours and right their wrong by discounting the cost because technically they didnt do the job you paid them to do.

It wouldnt bother me enough to try to fight with them to get it to come out 100% right if thats the only defect, especially if they have already done it twice. I am not sure its a casting defect as I have never seen this in any other wheels from BMW that come shadow chromed from the factory. Nor have I seen it any other style 65's.

Thats the kind of defect that once you rub against a curb once suddenly these are not a big deal at all

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Pretty minor imperfection, just ask for 1/2 off that wheel and make sure to disclose which company it is so people going in are aware of what they are dealing with. Absolutely worst advice ever to put up a "fake" good review!

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Pretty minor imperfection, just ask for 1/2 off that wheel and make sure to disclose which company it is so people going in are aware of what they are dealing with. Absolutely worst advice ever to put up a "fake" good review!
If the company makes it right by working with the customer to reach a compromise that pleases both parties, its not a "fake" review at all.

I never said lie and pretend they did it right the first time.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I wouldn't be thrilled either, but that looks like a pretty minor issue. No one is ever going to see that on the car. Neither will you. Ask for a lil something and be happy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well a reluctant 15% good will gesture was given off the one wheel, but still believe that they are not to blame for the alloy, and that its a casting problem by BMW. BMW QA wouldn't have let that through the door looking like that.

The alloy wasn't even like that before the refurb, and isn't that the idea of a refurb, to perfect imperfections on the alloy? :confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree with TMcNasty. The first scrape you put in the new refinished wheels will make you forget all about it....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts